BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to purchase the Klim Latitude Jacket & Pants once they get the 2022 stock going. Has anyone have this setup and what do you think about it?

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
675 Posts
I absolutely love my Latitude jacket. Wore it all through the hot and humid Va Beach summer and this year's (ferocious 😁) winter. I have Aerostich Darien pants, but wouldn't hesitate on the Latitude pants if I didn't have the 'stitch already.

I've been through really heavy downpours and stayed dry. The 'stitch kept me dry too.

Don't forget the military discount!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have the latitude setup both jacket and pants, I've had them for about a year and they are water proof as I have been through few good downpour and I was dry, I'm in Phoenix az and it's hot here and they are warm but in cool temperature less than 60f heated gear helps as they don't have a liner,

I've also tested in a crash and they saved me from road rash, that's why I love klim gear because of the crash klim replaced them with no questions,

I wish the pants were vented more and had more pockets but they are great

The size is ok maybe little large I'm 5'10 170 and I have a large with 34 regular pants the arms are little long I think BMW is a better fit and little warmer with the bmw liner, BMW has fantastic jackets I've used the ralley jacket for years

Let me know if you have any questions

In today's market there's a lot of choices for jackets and most of them last a long time probably more than 10 years

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 GTL
167 Posts
Going to purchase the Klim Latitude Jacket & Pants once they get the 2022 stock going. Has anyone have this setup and what do you think about it?
I have the same system I have had for 1 year. I have an xl jacket and 40 short pants. I am 5’9 230ish

I would buy the jacket again, but the pants are cut with the knees WAY to low. If you want to wear the included armor the pants CAN NOT be worn off the bike if you are going to do any walking.

I do have a pair of the S4 pants and they fit great.

Klim told me:
1) that’s the way the latitude pants should fit (bs)
2) the badlands pants are cut just like the s4 pants so if I like the s4, I would like the badlands.

So my recommendation is only for people like me that are shorter (or actually just too fat for normal length pants) proceed with caution.

Other than the fit, the material and quality are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 K1600GT Sport Edition
365 Posts
I have two different Latitude jackets and very happy with them. I wear them with Aerostich AD1 and AD1 light pants. No way that I can get Klim pants to fit me properly. I have short legs and could never get the knee armor to sit where it was supposed to. For me, the combo of Klim Latitude jacket and and custom made AD1 pants is the perfect setup.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 5'10" and 240 lbs. Large frame and arms from the military. Short inseam, 30"! The jacket looks like a 2xl based on arms, tried on Badlands and to small at XL. Pants would be 40 short, but I'm getting bad feeling based on your feedback.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I like the Latitude jacket but it's to warm for me to wear in the summer so I use it for early spring and late fall riding. The pants are just a tad to baggy and long but comfortable and I like the pockets. Overall it's a good combination but pricey but you pay for quality which you appreciate most if you go down. Lots of other options available at a similar price point so shop around for the best deal.

·
Registered
2012 GTL
167 Posts
@Frogman, if you can I would look at the badlands pants. If what Klim said is true about the cut of the badlands pro compared to the latitude, and s4 pants.. the Badlands might fit you better.

Klim is a good company and allows returns of new condition clothes. You can wear them around the house and see. All you will be out is return shipping.

The other negative about the latitude is there is way to much material below the knee. M.C Hammer called and said he wants his pants back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Like others here, I found the pants are very baggy. I feel like a 1 year carrying a loaded diaper around. My Stitch pants fit much better.

I also found that there is a big size difference between the Med and Large jackets. The Medium is snug on me, but the sleeves are the right length. The Large fits better in the body, but the arms are way to long. I'm 5' 11" and 175#.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have the latitude jacket and Induction pants backordered. They keep pushing the dates back, might get them by the end of May now.....

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the few feedbacks, the latitude pants pants are not cut great for short seamed riders? Did you buy the short or reg pants?

·
Premium Member
2019 K1600GT Sport Edition
365 Posts
Based on the dimensions you listed, I would highly recommend a pair of Aerostich custom altered AD1 or AD1 light pants. If you take the time to do the measurements they will fit. I have a 30 inch inseam. I went up a waist size for hip armor space and they removed two inches of material above the knee and added two inch below to their standard spec short pant. They fit perfectly. Likely no more $ than the Klim standard pant.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Duke4- I few years back I made a road trip from Montana to ride Min-Wis-Mic and I stopped off to visit Aerostich. I wish I could visit it again and get fitted. It's hard to determine what would be a good choice of gear with them, all have their advantages!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have worn tourmaster for many years. Price and fit have always worked for me.
maybe all the curious should look in their direction?
RBGary

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I own tourmaster (2007) now, I wanted to upgrade and update my gear. Buying a new Shoei Neotech II modular helmet (own 2005 Shoei) and Daytona Road Star GTX boots. Boots have been ordered and helmet is next. The Klim gear is still on hold based on 2022 distribution issue, NONE! Now that I own a BMW, Harley leathers don't get it. :cool::cool:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts