BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I need to call them an find out when their 2022 line is coming out, also what they have to try on at the headquarters shop!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I need to call them an find out when their 2022 line is coming out, also what they have to try on at the headquarters shop!
Let us know what they tell you. 2 months ago I was promised mid February, a month ago, I was promised 1 March. Once that date came and went, I called them and they told me 1 April. I also asked when I can order online, they told me that the backorders were "filling up" and I better get mine backordered. Not quite sure what that means but I did order a few weeks ago and they claimed that the products should be delivered by May.
I went to Revzilla to try jackets and pants on so I knew what sizes to order otherwise I wouldn't have been comfortable doing the online ordering thing.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
"Checks in the Mail".
What is the new BMW jacket called?

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Let us know what they tell you. 2 months ago I was promised mid February, a month ago, I was promised 1 March. Once that date came and went, I called them and they told me 1 April. I also asked when I can order online, they told me that the backorders were "filling up" and I better get mine backordered. Not quite sure what that means but I did order a few weeks ago and they claimed that the products should be delivered by May.
I went to Revzilla to try jackets and pants on so I knew what sizes to order otherwise I wouldn't have been comfortable doing the online ordering thing.
Jonnybow,

Called KLIM to see when they are going to release their new items & re-stock. Was informed that they had a delivery of all products in February. KLIM is in the process of sending these items out to their main suppliers/ re-sellers (i.e Revzilla, Cycle World, etc.). The KLIM website will not be selling their new line to public until mid-April or possibly May. I buy directly from KLIM to recieve their military discount (VIP Application ). No, the KLIM web site does not alert you to when their products have been re-stocked.

Best,

Doco_O

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Jonnybow,

Called KLIM to see when they are going to release their new items & re-stock. Was informed that they had a delivery of all products in February. KLIM is in the process of sending these items out to their main suppliers/ re-sellers (i.e Revzilla, Cycle World, etc.). The KLIM website will not be selling their new line to public until mid-April or possibly May. I buy directly from KLIM to recieve their military discount (VIP Application ). No, the KLIM web site does not alert you to when their products have been re-stocked.

Best,

Doco_O
Sounds like a good excuse to ride to the location in rexburg Idaho, I knew Justin summers back when he started klim and now sold out to Polaris,

Those Idaho people are pretty friendly

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Jonnybow,

Best,

Doco_O
Same thing they told me which makes no sense.
I'm also a military discount holder and have to purchase through the site or I'd go to Revzilla and get it there. The crazy part is, why stock the box stores and not fulfill the online orders?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Same thing they told me which makes no sense.
I'm also a military discount holder and have to purchase through the site or I'd go to Revzilla and get it there. The crazy part is, why stock the box stores and not fulfill the online orders?
That is to keep the stores happy. They get really mad and drop product lines when they have to compete against the manufacturer...either in price or in availability. They're going to take care of their dealers before direct sales because to do otherwise would be suicide.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Military discount counts a lot in my book, but not seeing and trying clothing on leads to disappointment. At the cost of Klims clothing, you better get it right.

Reactions: cboothe

·
Premium Member
Now living in Virginia! 😎
224 Posts
@Frogman , Klim's military discount allows for you to exchange an item if fit is wrong, it will only cost you a little shipping and time,

Duane
+1, I can attest to this, I had to return my first set of Kodiak pants and get the long version. It was pretty painless except for a little shipping cost, and they were happy to give me another discount code for the second set.

Justin

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well, Klim is a 500m road trip from my house, can't do that on the bike until late April! By then the stock will be gone based on last years sales. :confused:o_O

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
From the few feedbacks, the latitude pants pants are not cut great for short seamed riders? Did you buy the short or reg pants?
As long as suggestions are coming your way for pants check these out Big and Tall Motorcycle Pants Waterproof Short and Long Inseam Motorcycle Pants.

I have a pair and really like them. They are cut a little slimmer than most below the knees. The material is medium to heavy weight and lined. They are water proof and yet seem to breath well. With the protection we get from our faring's my legs don't get that much water when riding in the rain. They have long leg zippers with a Velcro flap so putting them on or off with your boots on is no problem. The waist is a bit snug but I have a large and wear them over size 36 blue jeans. The chart says I should have bought XL. I was at their shipping warehouse in Carlsbad, CA and tried both pairs on and selected the L at that time. I can snap them OK but if I bend over the snap pops open so they are real close to the right size.

As you can see on their website you can select waist size and then inseam length. They are factory direct so no retail outlet, that I know of. I have owned 2 of their jackets and these pants and the quality is right up there, maybe not KLIM but still pretty good especially for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Just for everyones information: When we started the BMW's Tame the Tail of the Dragon (TTD) the BMW Regional Clothing Rep came to me and offered a complete BMW riding set up for the event. Thats right- a free OEM BMW jacket and pair of pants! I did a pole of all the TTD organizers to see if they wanted a high end KLIM Jacket or the BMW Jacket & Pants as the Saturday night Grand Prize. Not a single one including me went with the BMW clothing products.

Best,

Doc o_O

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Another recommendation for Klim! I do wish the would make their pant cut short from the knee down. Can not see buying the Kodiak jacket at $1400, do not need a liner. Looking more like the Latitude jacket and TBD for pants. They must be waterproof, not carrying extra rain gear.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
As long as suggestions are coming your way for pants check these out Big and Tall Motorcycle Pants Waterproof Short and Long Inseam Motorcycle Pants.

I have a pair and really like them. They are cut a little slimmer than most below the knees. The material is medium to heavy weight and lined. They are water proof and yet seem to breath well. With the protection we get from our faring's my legs don't get that much water when riding in the rain. They have long leg zippers with a Velcro flap so putting them on or off with your boots on is no problem. The waist is a bit snug but I have a large and wear them over size 36 blue jeans. The chart says I should have bought XL. I was at their shipping warehouse in Carlsbad, CA and tried both pairs on and selected the L at that time. I can snap them OK but if I bend over the snap pops open so they are real close to the right size.

As you can see on their website you can select waist size and then inseam length. They are factory direct so no retail outlet, that I know of. I have owned 2 of their jackets and these pants and the quality is right up there, maybe not KLIM but still pretty good especially for the price.
I'm not sure about the link but I took me to some British site on motorcycle clothing I'm nowhere near British so I would be better to ride motorcycle to rexburg Idaho and checkout the klim store and Justin summers

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I'm not sure about the link but I took me to some British site on motorcycle clothing I'm nowhere near British so I would be better to ride motorcycle to rexburg Idaho and checkout the klim store and Justin summers

The name of the company is British Motorcycle Gear AKA BMG The U.S. warehouse and sales was in Carlsbad, California. By the area code phone number 732-898-2646 it looks like New Jersey. If interested call them. It is a family owned and friendly company.
They also handle the venerable Belstaff jackets.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to ride to the location in rexburg Idaho, I knew Justin summers back when he started klim and now sold out to Polaris,

Those Idaho people are pretty friendly

The headquarters is in Rigby, and Justin still runs the company.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
So Polaris now owns Klim?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts