BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Watching the video on Revzilla, I like the Apex. Its looks like a less biffy version of the Badlands and short cut. Good venting.

·
Mr.Fix It
9,044 Posts
@Frogman , I initially had a Latitude jacket; I sold it when I had a chance to try-on/buy the Apex. It's a better fitting, more comfortable jacket. I haven't worn the Apex since I bought the Hardanger.

Duane

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Gunnert-I'm still hanging on the Hardanger vice the Jacket/pant combo. I've never had or used a one piece.

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I'll chime in ... I have the Latitude jacket and it is my "go to" jacket until the weather gets 80+ then I go to a mesh jacket. It keeps the wind and rain off of me. I match my Latitude jacket with Aerostitch AD1 Light pants that I wear in cold and wet weather. Layering is the key for me in the winter: I'll wear multiple layers under the Latitude and take them off or put them on as the temps change during the day.

I never could get any of the KLIM pants to fit me and they were so bulky it was hard to get on and off the bike so I wound up with Aerostitch pants which I like a lot but I still would like a thinner pant than even the AD1 lights.

Reactions: Duke4

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Here it is almost April and Klim has no 2022 stock in the stores, look bad for the start of my riding season.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Under the initial purchase agreement with Polaris, Justin agreed to stay and run the company for 5 years. That expired several years ago but Justin is still running the company under some sort of similar agreement. So yes Klim (technically "Teton Outfitters Inc") is 100% owned by Polaris but is run as a separate company to maintain its brand recognition worldwide and in non Polaris dealerships.

Reactions: cboothe

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
What is the issue with distribution?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Started shopping gear for under Hardanger of TBD. REI good sale. Cold and hot weather items without big seams.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
What is the issue with distribution?
Sorry for the delay, the Klim person that I needed to talk to was busy at the Jackson HIllclimbs working the booth and racing, but here is what I was told on the supply issues. Similar issues as most other products that have anything to do with Asia. The condensed version is: Fabric Shortage,(The fabric for Gore-Tex is made in China and shipped to the US to have the membrane applied and then shipped back to Asia but not China for sewing into garments), factory shutdowns because of scheduled power outages before and during the Olympics, not being able to get container ships unloaded ( Klim has diverted alot of cargo to Texas and Florida which takes extra time but still faster than sitting for months at Long Beach), actual container shortages( products sitting in warehouses in Vietnam and Korea waiting for containers). Not much else to say, It's just the times we live in. Side note: Gore-Tex fabric cannot be sewn just anywhere, A factory has to be certified to sew Gore-Tex and not very many world wide factories are Gore-Tex certified so production is planned months ahead to schedule factory time slots so it makes it difficult change on short notice.

Reactions: Alaska GT and J-Luv

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Outstanding feedback, but life goes on! Klim like others will have a late buying season, I'll just use old stuff.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Looked at Dennis Kirk and they have the Latitude and Hardanger in stock in my size. So does Chaparral and Cycle Gear has Latitude in Black. BMW of Denver has both black and grey Hardanger. Klim has neither the Latitude of Hardanger in stock, what gives?? I want to use my military discount at Klim.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
671 Posts
Looked at Dennis Kirk and they have the Latitude and Hardanger in stock in my size. So does Chaparral and Cycle Gear has Latitude in Black. BMW of Denver has both black and grey Hardanger. Klim has neither the Latitude of Hardanger in stock, what gives?? I want to use my military discount at Klim.
I wonder if they very slowly get them in stock and then sell out. For example; my wife has been wanting Klim Altitude pants and bought a pair in October that we had to return because she needed the tall size, which they didn't have in stock. I literally looked every day to check. A month ago they had her size in stock. Emailed for the discount, ordered, the stock showed zero again, and has ever since!

Frustrating, but I suggest just look everyday and pounce when you see a pair. If you haven't done so, I reccomend registering for the discount now so you have a code to use!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
My lattitude pants shipped from Klim and will be here tomorrow. My lattitude jacket is still awaiting fulfillment. I ordered in March. The wife's Artemis jacket and pants have delivered. Slow going for men's stuff for sure.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
This latitude jacket thread has gotten way to long

If anyone wants a large jacket, I'll sell mine at fair cost it's less than a year old not worn much

I'm in the phoenix az area

I do like it, but I'm used to the BMW it's a good jacket

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Klim is going to supply their dealers before they supply their direct to consumer channel. If they supply themselves first and the dealers second (or under cut their dealers), that is a sure way to lose dealers....and, in the long run, lose business.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I talked with Klim today and they looked in their orders and shipping. They said no more Hardanger for 2022, short and tall. They have shipped the regular that they ordered. Talked to Dennis Kirk, they say they have them, but they are middlemen in the process. They would order and then wait! They may have some regulars, but no short or tall. Revzilla has regulars, but no short or tall. I then asked Klim about the Latitude, they received 12. Yes I said 12 for the US. They expect some more in 10-15 days, but very very limited. They go to their warehouse and they ship. Bottomline, do not trust any company that says they have them on the internet. Call and talk to that company to determine if they have them in stock, or will order them. Klim is not building anymore Hardanger and limited Latitude. Apex is no long being made. For us short or tall people, bend over. Revzilla has regular in depending on size, but they are 33" inseam and I'm short!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I picked up this nice "used" Latitude from Bob's BMW last week. Love it and a great buy! NEW condition. Yeah, it's an older model, but still a great jacket. Wore it down to Waynesville, NC and Deals Gap last weekend.
High-visibility clothing Workwear Sleeve Collar Font

Outerwear High-visibility clothing Workwear Helmet Product

Outerwear Workwear Jersey Sleeve High-visibility clothing

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Based on the news from Klim, I went on a buying surge. TBD what fits or what I plan to keep!

REVZELLA.COM (10% discount military)
Klim Latitude Jacket-Black XXL
Klim Kodiak Pants-Black
Klim Hardanger-Black XL (reg)
Held Cold Champ Gore-Tex Gloves-Black (Cold weather)
Shoei Neotech 2-Black
Sena SRL 2-Shoei Neotech 2 fit
Sena RC3-3 Button Remote

MOTORCYCLEGEAR.COM-waiting until May 1, for 30 day return. Driving to SA, passing by motorcyclegear store outside of Lubbock, TX May 29 for returns.
Klim Hardanger-Grey XXL
Held Desert 2 gloves-Black (Hot weather)
Held Air n Dry gloves-Black (Mid season)

61 - 80 of 87 Posts