BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 K1600B
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recvd, installed screen today. Took short ride and was very pleased with air flow. Compared to my Jurock7, only had to raise screen about little over halfway up, to get same air flow control that the Jurock provided all the way up ! Also air around shoulders was improved, but a little still there. More reports as I get more time on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recvd, installed screen today. Took short ride and was very pleased with air flow. Compared to my Jurock7, only had to raise screen about little over halfway up, to get same air flow control that the Jurock provided all the way up ! Also air around shoulders was improved, but a little still there. More reports as I get more time on it.
I was considering the Jurock and interested in additional reviews on your new screen.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What year is ur bike and what size screen did u buy....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are the two windshields the same height?

·
Registered
20 K1600B
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the KlockWerks which is 19 3/4 tall by 25 wide.

My 7Jurock is 17 1/4 tall by 24 wide.

My bike is a 20 B

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I received my Klock Werks screen the other day, but I have not yet had a chance to fit it. Laying it on top of the stock 2018 GTL screen, it is nearly as tall, seems to be equally as wide at the top, and just a bit narrower at the bottom compared to the factory screen.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jim,
Thanks for posting the images. It does look quite nice. How does the optical clarity compare to the 7Jurock? Sometimes for me with the Jurock, if the "flip" is in my field of view, my eyes get tired from the distortion. I would imagine that if you do not have to raise the screen as far, this issue would be minimized.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
20 K1600B
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a slight distortion in the beginning of the flip area (most noticable on the outside edges). I was looking over the screen most of the time. The distortion was not severe enough to cause me issues so far.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Flip at the top of the screen is a two edge sword. On the plus side, it move air up and over the helmet at a lower height than flat screens. The minus is the distortion if you’re looking through it. One of the reasons I went with the Aeroflow hybrid is that it’s a good compromise. It has a moderate flip that works well, but not so much that I can’t comfortably see through it at all heights.

This pronounced flip on this Klock looks great for effectiveness, but the distortion if you have to look through it can’t be good. Just my take in looking at the pictures. Hopefully I’m wrong.

·
Registered
20 K1600B
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i have a med Aeroflow Sport that I use during summer hot months.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i am 5'10"..... will i be looking thru or over at screen completely down.....if over, any idea how much i can raise it and still be looking over it...

·
Registered
20 K1600B
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Over it completely down. About halfway up for me it is getting close to that limit. Depends how far ahead I am looking. I am also about 5’10”
Next time I go out, I will look at the limits a little closer.
Also, take into account I am on a factory seat in low. If I was on a RDL, it would affect the sight line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts