BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of an email exchange with Brian Klock, the President and Visioneer of Klock Werks earlier today. I was inquiring about whether they were considering doing a shield for our bikes. I have always liked their shields. Very clean looking and functional on the bikes that I have seen them on. Good news!
Seems they are close to releasing something. They have been testing and apparently are quite happy with the results they have been seeing with their shield on the bike. They are working on a production timeline and pricing now. Said we can expect it to surface after April 5th or so. Should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Acrylic or Polycarbonate?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had one of Brian`s screen on my Roadmaster wit the flip on the top and can say they are great quality and work just like Klock Works lol.:cool::p Sorry I could not resist that pun

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I didn't get much response from Brian when I started to ask questions. I guess they are looking to make a splash in April and didn't want to discuss. The people I know that have them on Harleys really like them so I hope they work as well on our bikes. Obviously there are different dynamics at play on a shield that moves. I hope they got some input somewhere from some K1600 owners.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It isnt some saw'd off shorty like they make for Harleys is it?

Wanna know how they could sell a lot of them?
Someone could send them a Cee Baileys wide body screen so they could copy it.
@Darbinco, My past experience with Klock windscreen products was very good on other makes/models. If I recall there were several different lengths one could choose from to suit your style. The recurve at the top does a fantastic job of throwing the wind up further over your head, and accomplishes the objective with a shorter windshield than normal.
I believe side buffeting was improved too. A great product.
Link: Motorcycle Windshields | KLOCK WERKS KUSTOM CYCLES

·
Registered
698 Posts
I used the Klock Werks flip screen on my Roadmaster so I could see over the top in the rain it was also wider on the bottom section that kept me dry and worked so much better than the standard screen did. My problem was in the rain with the standard screen I had to stretch straight and ride like that in the rain so the rain on the screen did not stop me from seeing the road ahead, it was not comfortable riding like that at all. The Klock Werks screen allowed me to have the shorter screen, rise it in the rain and still be able to see over the screen so the flip section did the job of allowing the wind and rain to go over my head plus be in a comfortable riding position. See the photos below the Roadmaster standard screen was not only higher but also not as wide. If Brian makes a screen similar that fits the GTL I would buy one without a second thought plus the added bonus the screen had a slight tint but not too dark. I guess being a short guy around 5`6`` was the biggest issue but the best thing was most of the time I rode with the Klock Werks screen in the lowest position and only had to raise it ever so slightly in the rain to see over it and still be protected from the wind.
IMG_0793.jpeg
IMG_0795.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts