BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been to Laconia Bike Week, so 2020 is the year. Let me know if members from Atlantic Canada plan on attending this year, maybe we can ride down and back together.

·
Techmeister
1,468 Posts
I live less than 10 miles from Laconia. Bike Week is a Bar-Hopper's wet dream, but not my cup of gas. When Bikers come in (to the tune of about 30,000 to 100,000), I tend to ride North and West into the lesser-known mountain roads.

The demographic is mostly V-Twins with a band of sportbikes riding up from MA and CT; this means mostly aging bikers or squids. Not a bad thing, per se, but as I said the majority use it as a time to be seen rather than a time to ride.

Also, you are absolutely guaranteed to see driving rain for most of the week. I don't know why, but I have lived here for 27 years and it always rains that week.

What is really great here is the week after Bike Week. The roads are the best in the East and some of the best anywhere.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
We just started travelling to Gilford each year for my granddaughters birthday and discovered it's the same week as bike week. As a native Floridian who went to more Daytona Bike Weeks than i care to remember, I know exactly what @djfalkenstein is referring to. Wish I could drag the K16 up there but the trip is too short and the distance too far for a weekend getaway...ahhhh, retirement will be here soon. :grin:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Honestly, that area is great but that week is awful.
Not my type of crowd and too many drunks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I`m about 120 miles or 193 kilometers from Laconia, I live in Western maine. I have been going for many years. I used to go to the Track and watch the Big boys race until they stopped going because the track is so Dangerous to race on. Now if I go its to People watch and enjoy the scenery :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts