BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner for years on my leather product. Jackets, chaps, gloves, saddlebags for Road King and non Gore-Tex. Now that I had Russell build me a saddle with all leather, I plan to use it on the saddle. Bee's wax is an outstanding conditioner and it helps to water proof the leather.

Water other product has you used?

Leather Honey-Leather Conditioner
Saddle Soap-cleans and conditions

Reactions: Nevadahalfrack

·
Super Moderator
K1600GA
3,424 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Eye Ingredient Whiskers Recipe Eyelash

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also have a can of Obenauf's that I like.

Lexol's leather conditioner is outstandingly good, as is their leather cleaner, and their Vinylex cleaner & conditioner for vinyls. I'm inclined to say Lexol softens leather a bit more than Obenauf's. Hard to say for certain, but if I get an OLD and weathered leather item, Lexol is the thing I'll put on it first to try to un-dry it and 'restore' it.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I also have a can of Obenauf's that I like.

Lexol's leather conditioner is outstandingly good, as is their leather cleaner, and their Vinylex cleaner & conditioner for vinyls. I'm inclined to say Lexol softens leather a bit more than Obenauf's. Hard to say for certain, but if I get an OLD and weathered leather item, Lexol is the thing I'll put on it first to try to un-dry it and 'restore' it.
Yes, you can go wrong with Lexol. I regularly use their leather conditioner and cleaner products on all my leathers. My other favorites come from Wesco Boot Company:

Their Bee Oil and Bee Seal Plus penetrate and protect leather exceptionally well. They know leather as well as any company on the market, and it shows in their maintenance products.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Lexol is good, as are the various Griot’s Garage leather cleaning and conditioning products.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
I’ve been using Sno Seal on my RDL leather seat for 9 years. It’s made for leather hunting boots to protect them from moisture. The leather is still in great shape and I’ve ridden in lots of rain.

The edges of the seats get some wear but I put black shoe polish on those areas from time to time.

Reactions: J-Luv and JohnS1955

·
Registered
2020 K1600 GTL Pollux Green
8 Posts
I have been using Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner for years on my leather product. Jackets, chaps, gloves, saddlebags for Road King and non Gore-Tex. Now that I had Russell build me a saddle with all leather, I plan to use it on the saddle. Bee's wax is an outstanding conditioner and it helps to water proof the leather.

If you can get it in America 'Renapur' is the leather cleaner / food you need in your life... best stuff i have ever ever used.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The beeswax condition have been great for my leather, it really seals the leather and protects from rain. Sno Seal is another beeswax product. Leather honey is also a good product. The more you treat your leather, the long it will last.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Reactions: Winged_STer

·
Registered
2021 K1600B
28 Posts
I use Skidmore's Biker Edition Leather Cream
I too use the Skidmore leather cream. Best stuff Ibhave ever used. I find that if I stick my fingers in the cream and then rub the leather of my saddle, the warmth of my hands helps it get in all nooks and crannies of the leather, soften it and waterproof it.

I highly recommend!

·
Registered
27 Posts

We use Hein Gericke Leather Cleaner and Protection we bought when Jay did our 1st K1200GT with a Russell (2003?) but its nowhere to be found online now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts