BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
All my bikes and vehicles have vanity plates, most of which are somewhat crude or make a statement... Just waiting now for my new vanity plate which is actually straight-forward and doesn't require much interpretation: K1600GA

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Upside Down
1,183 Posts
I have had personal plates on both cars and bikes since I was around 21. We are allowed 5 numbers and letter combination so 3 letters and 3 numbers or 2 letters and 3 numbers depending on if it is a bike or car. Unless you buy the top number plates that allow you to make a word or saying that works for you then that cost over $400.00 a year, you can use up to 6 numbers or letters with that plate and it is only in NSW each state has their own ideas and cost. I have my initials first and last name and 3 numbers that follow each other. Since privatisation of the Number Plates here in NSW If you got a plate after that date of privatization, you pay a yearly fee as I do with the bike, but my car remains free / grandfathered as long as I keep the car registered in my name or go cold, die and change the address to 6` underground.:cool::confused:;)(y)
IMG_0198.jpeg

·
Techmeister
1,464 Posts
My K1200LT: "BB-62"
My K1600GA: "CYLON"
My pickup: "Jocular" (most people get stuck on this, but if you knew me you would say it fits)
My old Chrysler: "Orator" (I speak about technology)

Ones that didn't get past the DMV: "OMGWTF" "MVOVR"

Not mine but very cool. I saw this on a Dodge Viper - "IHADAV8"

·
Boom
669 Posts
My K1200LT: "BB-62"
My K1600GA: "CYLON"
My pickup: "Jocular" (most people get stuck on this, but if you knew me you would say it fits)
My old Chrysler: "Orator" (I speak about technology)

Ones that didn't get past the DMV: "OMGWTF" "MVOVR"

Not mine but very cool. I saw this on a Dodge Viper - "IHADAV8"
Ran across a Maserati in Denver with the plate: DUZ185

·
Registered
236 Posts
The State of Florida will not issue an abandoned custom plate for 12 months after it's abandoned. You can find out when that date will be so you can be at the DMV the day it's available to secure it. Mine is SCORPIO. I had to wait six months until it was available from someone that gave it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wanted to get my RVN/ USMC outfit; 3 MAF here in NV but was denied because of what the “AF” designates today. I got my initials. Phuque!

·
Registered
24 Posts
AF = Atrial Fibrillation in my business.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where can I find Motorcycle License plate frames with sayings or phrases? Can't seem to find anywhere. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts