BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you call it light mode on the forum pages. A vertical banner that blocks what I'm trying to read. Can't seem to find out how I get rid of it. Help would be appreciated as I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about light mode. I utilize dark mode so the screen background is dark/black, and the lettering is white. It's easier on my eyes. I don't know what vertical banner is blocking your view. Can you screen grab a shot and post it??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about light mode. I utilize dark mode so the screen background is dark/black, and the lettering is white. It's easier on my eyes. I don't know what vertical banner is blocking your view. Can you screen grab a shot and post it??
I'll try with attachment-Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
That is definitely annoying. @administrator do you have any insight into what might be causing this issue?? My only guess might be ad blockers on your end as ads run in that area if you're not a premium member. But I really haven't an educated clue. Hope admin can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try Admin. I was impressed I could take a screen shot, download it and attach to forward to the post!

·
Administrator
648 Posts
That is definitely annoying. @administrator do you have any insight into what might be causing this issue?? My only guess might be ad blockers on your end as ads run in that area if you're not a premium member. But I really haven't an educated clue. Hope admin can help.
@Janda

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
@Janda Admin may have there reason for your issues ^^^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Janda

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

- Cricket
And life is all good! Yes, I was using Internet Explorer. Went over to Google Chrome and that seems to have done the trick. Many thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts