BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ll used an Anti-Gravity for several years in my VRod. Zero issues. Starts in the cold-ish temps after turning on and letting electrons flow for a few seconds. Have to use a tender designed for lithium batteries, otherwise same experience in a half size form and a quarter of the weight.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have several bikes with Shorai batteries. They seem to last forever. Just sold a bike with my first lithiun-iron battery in it, it was at least 10 years old and still going strong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine just failed this fall after 7 1/2 years in my R bike. Liked the light weight of the Shorai, but for the money I think Ill go AGM when it comes out of storage in the spring (and try to loose the 8-10 pounds lol...) Have a Odyssey in the K that is still going strong after 5 years. Not sure if I Ill get a Odyessy though, there have been some reports of quality issues on here recently.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not a fan of Lithium on motorcycles because from my experience they are more prone to parasitic draw over a short time (one week of no use) and can result in a dead battery. I since keep both bikes on a tender, however don't like the idea.

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
I know of one incident where a lithium ion battery caught fire with the bike in the garage. The bike, garage, contents in the garage and a new Ford truck were all a total loss.

Reactions: hagrid

·
Knight of The Realm
137 Posts
I know of one incident where a lithium ion battery caught fire with the bike in the garage. The bike, garage, contents in the garage and a new Ford truck were all a total loss.
This is what stops me. I also had an interwebs pal have a runaway condition torch his scooter and I have spoken with him enough to find his mechanical skills unimpeachable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have multiple Shorai batteries in use for many years. No fires yet. (And no battery failures ether.). When any stock AGM battery goes ****-up, I always replace it with a lithium-iron (not lithium ion, big difference!) battery.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I have shared my experience with Earth X that i installed in my 2012 , transferred it to my 2015 reinstalled the BMW battery back when i traded it and then transferred it to my current 2018 GT. I have again never put it on a trickle charger. It has never let me down it spins my engine put a smile on every time . After 8 years Earth X recommends replacement ..So i did with same and this summer i installed this 8 year old battery in my Kubota 3 cyl diesel lawn mower which use a bigger battery same has my daughter Acura. Again it spins this diesel like no tommorow. Luggage and bags Bag Headgear Handbag Helmet
i made up my own cable to make it work......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts