BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really good book about a single woman from England who traveled around the world, mostly by herself on a BMW in the mid 80's....I think it's only available in paperback. I just finished it and would be happy to give it or send it to anyone who agrees to do the same after they finish reading...

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I think I saw that in a magazine somewhere......Brave woman.

Sort of reminded me of the gal who road that Ural trike all over the USA by herself and camped everywhere she went. Just a little dog as her companion.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Elspeth is a charming person and a true individual. She accomplished a tremendous feat without a supporting cast and with little afterthought.
My wife and I had tea with her in London this summer. She's every bit as wonderful as her book. I've given several copies to friends.
Cheers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hello Dan - I will be happy to read the book and pass it on per your direction. Personal msg sent your way and Thank You.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Dan - I will be happy to read the book and pass it on per your direction. Personal msg sent your way and Thank You.

It's yours... I'll send it out tomorrow and I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to pass it on..

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Hey Peter, I'd be interested when you're done with it. :)

And what a cool idea, Dan.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lone Rider

I really enjoyed the adventuresome spirit of this book. Many of us have traveled long-distances and have embraced the myriad challenges Elspeth shares. Well worth the read!

meese - give me an address and it'll be on the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts