BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet this community can help me on a current search.

I'm looking for a vintage looking leather bomber jacket. I don't know brands at all. Right now I'm searching around online and I'm finding leather jackets that my wife would buy me. No offense to my wife, but I want to find a more traditional style. This is not for riding.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I've got one in black leather. Has a BMW logo embossed on back. Size XL.
More of a casual fashion jacket than a riding jacket. Used but not abused.
Let me know.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I got one for $25 at the thrift store in Miles City, MT.

?‍✈

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the offers. I should say that I'm looking to buy something new and I'm hope somebody has suggestions on brand and/or source. I'm not looking for motorcycle related at all. I found this site that has the style I'm looking for. Suggestions still welcome. Thanks again.

Leather Pilot Jackets

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I might be. Still poking around. Maybe I'll hit the thrift store circuit in MT.:oops:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Not sure of the exact style that you want but if WWII era, I have some pictures of my father when he was stationed in England during WWII and this one closely resembles the one he was wearing in most of the pictures. He was an American but they were at a British air base so I guess they wore the same gear as was issued to the RAF.

The ones that are fully lined lambswool (including the sleeves) have always been expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts

That's a very nice looking jacket RL. I've been thinking of getting a leather riding jacket. I've got just about everything but... I have a one piece leather track day suit, a few different textile jackets including a BMW Airshell and a Klim Badlands Pro but I no longer have just a leather jacket. I typically wear all the gear except for the pants when I'm running around town and I keep wanting to reach for a nice leather jacket when I ride.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firstgear? No kidding. That's pretty nice looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts