BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr.Fix It
9,692 Posts
P.S. since you are a Harley guy the K1600 Grand America might be a better fit.
May be true for some... I came from being a die hart Harley/custom V-twin owner to the K1600GT. If you gave me a K bagger I'd immediately list it on Craigslist.. :)

Duane

• Haha
Reactions: josephdfrick

·
Mr.Fix It
9,692 Posts
@Scout20206 , previous comments WRT pillion sitting up higher than rider are mainly for the GTL. The GT passenger seating is lower. My wife looks to either side of my helmet. Yes, she is slightly higher than me and no where near the height of the GTL. I use a Wunerlich windscreen. Above 60-65 mph wind noice bothers her more than the actual wind. Raising the windscreen slightly reduces that noise and all is well. I do not raise the windscreen all the way up; I always look over the top of the windscreen.

WRT to knee bending, yes, your knees are slightly more bent on the GT. I've only ridden a GTL a few times and much prefer the riding position of the GT. With handlebar risers installed I much prefer the comfort of the GT. I know many "older" riders have knee issues; myself included. I'm 67, fairly big guy (6'1", 250 lbs, 32" inseam), have had 7 surgeries, 1 knee replacement, 2 plates in the other knee, etc; yet I have no problem riding very long days. In 10 years I'm over 101,000 miles on my '12 GT and still enjoy every minute.

My suggestion is to test ride them all (GTL/GTLE/GT/and B) with your pillion onboard. I'm betting one of them will be satisfying to both you and your pillion.

Duane

·
Mr.Fix It
9,692 Posts
With less than 500 miles, I know that I need to ride my BMW more before considering peg lowering kits, aftermarket seats and whatever else to get the seat and feet ergonomics closer to the HD. All I know is this - I will not be going back to another Harley, even if I need to start yoga for better flexibility :D
The last part of your post (above) says volumes. Ride it.... :)

Duane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts