BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
The BMW is lighter, faster and far nimbler in corners. The Harley (IMHO) is more comfortable on the interstate and can carry more stuff on long trips. However, on bad pavement the Harley will beat you up, the BWM has much better suspension. As I've gotten older, I really grew tired of the Harley beating me up on what passes for pavement in parts of this country. The BMW rides much better. The sound system on the Harley is vastly superior to the one on the BMW, but I've switched over to Bluetooth headsets, so that no longer matters as much to me. The Harley dealer network is vast, the BMW dealer network is tiny by comparison. If you like to charge hard and fast, the BMW is the bike to do it on. If your riding style is more laid back, the 1600 might be overkill. Oh, and this one might be important to long distanced riders...the K1600 eats tires like candy. I suspect the rear tire ratio between the BMW and the Harley is about three to one!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. I like em both, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the horrendous weight and pricing on new Harleys drove me away. Otherwise, I'd still have one in my garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts