A BMW is not a good fit if:
1. You are stuck on aesthetics. HD bikes can look great. Tons of customizations.
2. You own a ton of HD apparel and afraid to wear it if you own a BMW. BMW people don't care.
3. All of your friends have HD. They will tease you relentlessly, secretly wanting one, but they are probably too short to hold up the taller bike.
4. You like putting expensive attachments on your bike. With a BMW the only add on is a cup holder. maybe some extra bags.
5. You have HD tattoos. It's like tattooing your girlfriends name on your arm, but breakup a year later. A BMW cover up tattoo with flames just does not work well.
6. You like the smell of rich burning exhaust systems that are loud. The BMW sounds like a turbo jet, not a 1972 VW with a bad muffler. Good CATS and tuning keeps the exhaust smell down.
7. Feeling like you had a good workout at the gym after a 200 mile ride. On a BMW, we are still riding after 200 miles.
8. Like to ride as a minimalist. No helmet, knuckle gloves, T-shirt, vest and jeans. BMW riders generally ride with good helmets, protective jackets and gloves and good footwear designed for riding and protection.
All the above is said with humor. I had HDs'. Good durable bike, just a completely different ride.