BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw something fly close by me this afternoon and it turned out that my BMW emblem peeled off! Dealer wants $82 for a new emblem. I looked on the MAX BMW Fiche for a part number, but couldn't find it. Anyone know where I can get a less expensive one?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Scammer Hammer
3,257 Posts
This hobby and particularly our BMW K bikes are NOT a cheap hobby.

Pay the asking price and get it fixed is my opinion. $82 is nothing.

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This hobby and particularly our BMW K bikes are NOT a cheap hobby.

Pay the asking price and get it fixed is my opinion. $82 is nothing.
Coming from HD I know it isn't a cheap hobby On the Harley side there are many "discount" dealers that sell online. I was wondering if is such a thing on the BMW side of things.

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How fast were you going!!!! :oops:
Only 80 haha. I was quite surprised when I got home! I new something must've came from the bike because it was so close. I thought I left the right storage compartment open, but that wasn't the case.

·
Bubonic
1,206 Posts
I just searched amazon for them and find a large variety.

·
Registered
54 Posts
+1 on these. I have these sitting on my workbench ready to install. My wife thinks I got them so drivers beside me could see my turn signal because the ones on the GA bags are relatively low and out of sight, and the front flashers are completely hidden from the side/rearward angles. The real reason: I think they look cool. :love:

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
I saw this clause in the write up for the lighted side emblems.

Note: BMW emblems are NOT included because you re-use the ones currently on your bike.

Reactions: Goes2fast

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw this clause in the write up for the lighted side emblems.

Note: BMW emblems are NOT included because you re-use the ones currently on your bike.
Ya a saw that!

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! Morton's BMW has the emblem $25 less than my local dealer and in stock. So my Wife and I will make a road trip out of it today.

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Morton's BMW has the emblem $25 less than my local dealer and in stock. So my Wife and I will make a road trip out of it today.

That sounds like the best plan.

·
Mr.Fix It
8,114 Posts
@OSCS , Morton's parts department is really good about shipping parts to you. I'm about an hour from them and unless I need a part immediately I have it mailed.

Duane

Reactions: Navy_FCCS_Ret

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
@OSCS , Morton's parts department is really good about shipping parts to you. I'm about an hour from them and unless I need a part immediately I have it mailed.

Duane
Duane,
Let the guy take his wife on a road trip. That’s what this motorcycle life is all about.
Jim

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Duane,
Let the guy take his wife on a road trip. That’s what this motorcycle life is all about.
Jim
Haha...well we took the car. Torrential downpours and flash flood warnings. There was a restaurant we always wanted to try so it was a nice trip regardless!

Duane, I'm sure some of those storms went by you. We followed them back home.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Is it just the angle of the photo or does the badge look skew? Maybe it's my old eyes!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts