BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Below my office window is a roadway with traffic counts of 270,000 vehicles per day. So, loud exhaust vehicles are part of daily life. A very annoying part. :mad:

If one loves their loud noise so much, route the exhaust inside the vehicle, of route the loud cruiser exhaust back up and point it at your head.
Funny you should mention that. I had a 2016 Mustang GT and it had a tube from the engine bay to the interior to bring the engine sound in. Needless to say it was removed and capped. Stupidest thing I ever saw.

·
Administrator
17,800 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I had a 2016 Mustang GT and it had a tube from the engine bay to the interior to bring the engine sound in. Needless to say it was removed and capped. Stupidest thing I ever saw.
There are autos today which add engine sounds through the speaker system.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
There are autos today which add engine sounds through the speaker system.
At least that sound is just inside the vehicle. Maybe more loud pipe idiots should be opting for that in their cars and trucks.

As it turns out, my 2017 F-150 is one of these vehicles that, even though it has a very powerful 6 cylinder engine (all sixes sound distinctly different than 8s), pipes very authentic V8 sounds through the stereo system into the cockpit. Not at all at an objectionable level to me and rather like the way it sounds.

I've also found out that my 2021 Miata has something called a sound tube that apparently funnels intake sound into the cockpit. Miatas are a car that many owners put louder exhausts on but I really like how quiet it is with just enough engine sound to give the ambience of a well silenced I-4 motorcycle engine.

Reactions: earthling

·
Registered
316 Posts
The main point here is, the vast majority of us who live and exist by what I call the Three C's, common sense, common decency and common courtesy, will never, EVER change the way those few operate, who think they need to impress someone, IN THE NEXT ZIP CODE. It's not gonna happen. They will be with us for eternity or, when we're all driving electric cars or riding electric motorcycles. And even then, there is at present, at least one or two companies that are in the process of designing a Sound system for electric motorcycles to emmit a form of exhaust note to supposedly let surrounding drivers be more aware they (electric motorcycle riders) are present. You can have all the laws on the planet limiting sounds from vehicles and motorcycles to 80 or even less decibels and guess what, THEY'RE STILL GONNA run those pipes because they simply don't care.
Scott

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
The main point here is, the vast majority of us who live and exist by what I call the Three C's, common sense, common decency and common courtesy, will never, EVER change the way those few operate, who think they need to impress someone, IN THE NEXT ZIP CODE. It's not gonna happen. They will be with us for eternity or, when we're all driving electric cars or riding electric motorcycles. And even then, there is at present, at least one or two companies that are in the process of designing a Sound system for electric motorcycles to emmit a form of exhaust note to supposedly let surrounding drivers be more aware they (electric motorcycle riders) are present. You can have all the laws on the planet limiting sounds from vehicles and motorcycles to 80 or even less decibels and guess what, THEY'RE STILL GONNA run those pipes because they simply don't care.
Scott
Does not mean we cannot belittle them and call them out as the childish insecure morons they are...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts