BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a nice drive today to deliver a few parts. From Kennewick Washington Wa 263 to Wa 260 to Wa 261 past Palouse Falls to Hwy 12 all the way to Orofino, Idaho. Anytime you get paid to take a drive like that you can't go wrong. The picture below is Dworshak dam on the north fork of the Clearwater river.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Reactions: Megawatt155

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
“Retirement is rigorous!”

Quote stolen from my riding friend, Mr Mike Turley.
Yeah it's really tough being retired. Being able to do what you want, when you want, at any pace you want. Going out on the bike everyday. Yeah it's really a grind .......................... LOL

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
You must be exhausted.😁
Yep. I don’t begrudge retirees their fun, in the least. I only get annoyed when I’m in the middle of a hard work-week, and they start telling me about how they’re under so much incredible stress getting ready for the next trip to Europe. Enjoy your trip. I’m happy for you. I really am. But shut the **** up with the whining and be thankful.

EDIT: To be clear, that was not in any way directed at people in this thread, just a general thought. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
My wife and I retired as early as we could, no regrets. Our mantra: "We may or may not run out of money, but we know we will run out of time so let's go ahead and retire."
Not a bad mantra at all. I knew a couple childless (by intent) CPAs who stated their ultimate financial desire was to spend their last cent on their last day alive. If you’re too old to enjoy it after you’ve piled it up, it‘s sad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not a bad mantra at all. I knew a couple childless (by intent) CPAs who stated their ultimate financial desire was to spend their last cent on their last day alive. If you’re too old to enjoy it after you’ve piled it up, it‘s sad.
My personal favorite quote:
"There's no rich ppl in a graveyard"

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yep. I don’t begrudge retirees their fun, in the least. I only get annoyed when I’m in the middle of a hard work-week, and they start telling me about how they’re under so much incredible stress getting ready for the next trip to Europe.
Just remember that nobody ever said on their death bed that they wished they could have spent another day at work.....

Reactions: Prince

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
My personal favorite quote:
"There's no rich ppl in a graveyard"
...and as my Mum said to me before she passed; “Remember there are no pockets in shrouds”.

Reactions: Prince

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
“Retirement is rigorous!”

Quote stolen from my riding friend, Mr Mike Turley.
Very true.

Dad can you do this for me today?
Paul, can you take me to xxx Wednesday?
Meeting with bike friends for breakfast Thursday.
Meeting with old Ford friends for coffee Sunday mornings.
Then my part time jobs to finance my hobbies.

I am almost busier now than before I retired.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts