BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't say enough about my GA I just picked up today. I had a 2020 RT1250 I traded for it, and before that a K1600 GTL. The GA is my type of bike. Driving it home today in near 25 MPH wind gusts was not a big thing. It handled fine. Test driving it a couple days ago, it didn't pull to the the left or right and tracked true. I also like the big lights on the back end. Funny thing is, near 2 years ago, I compared it to the GTL and went with the GTL. Thinking it was a better fit. Oh well! :)
E2DBC0BF-9817-4F98-B9C5-B9A712F71817.jpeg

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and indeed. As I get older, 57 now. I can appreciated the caddy like ride. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats on that beauty! I love my 2018 Grand America, after coming off a CVO Harley. I had to stay with all the luxury bells and whistles, but the suspension is what really sold me on Grand America. The RT 1200 would have been my 2nd choice, but the style, performance, and riding position, made the GA an easy choice for me.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kingspoke. I used to have a Harley Ultra and 2 Indians after that. Then I came to the BMW side. The other bikes have their offerings to certain folks. But I am sticking with BMW now. The refinement etc is top shelf. I really like the suspension on the GA as well. I traded in a 2020 RT1250 for it. It was a wonderful bike and very responsive etc. But it did not have the smoothness or riding position I liked. The GA looks good from every angle and I love the big taillights on the rear. I like the lower ride, easier to get a leg over and the ride is so smooth. I like being able to let the top case lid just fall and its like a hermetically sealed clam lol. No thud when the lid falls. Just a quiet whisper of precision. I am going to get two sets of Darla Clearwater lights for the front to finish it off.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Impossible! Everyone knows that only the GT an GTLs are real K1600s....this thing is a poser bike....

/s

Fantastic bike! Enjoy the new bike smell.

james
Lol Thanks, The first fried chicken run is coming soon James :)

·
Upside Down
1,488 Posts
Direwlf, Congratulations on the fantastic new ride and wow a great colour too. Enjoy your new baby ,ride safe.

Reactions: Direwlf
1 - 20 of 52 Posts