BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
TY. Last year was getting the drive lights optimal. Next year I have other projects if the employment gods are kind.
You got it. I will say that the lights are a huge thing for me personally. The bikes I have ran with lots of lights are more easily seen and I have not had a car do the whoops and start to pull out on me ever, compared to riding without them before. Knock on wood. I never let my guard down though. It's pretty hard to ignore a blazing comet coming at ya. lol. I have two sets of Clearwater's on the way and a Billy break light coming for the license plate frame. Will do so Illium bars for the back. Cant wait to see the rest of your project when it's done.

·
Techmeister
1,733 Posts
These are nowhere near the quality of the Clearwater brand lights, but they are part of an overarching vision I have for the bike. This is 37K lumen in three patterns, but they are only on if I turn them on (not with other cars in front of me, like in the boonies at night). They are also WW controlled and programmed for high beam operations.

I have too many projects.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Very cool. I thought the top lights were actually Clearwaters. If they work, they work. The look very nice. I was surprised at the factory horn on the bike being as loud as it is. Did you do a horn upgrade, or stay stock?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Not to jump in but the horn on my 2018 GA is infinitely louder than the horn was on the 2013 GTL. No need to upgrade the GA’s horn in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I agree it is good, but I was just curious. If a person could could throw on just louder decibel units that are not air powered, I would maybe think about it. Like plug and play types. Lots of rock, gravel, and grain trucks in my farming community and people playing loud music with their faces in their laps texting. GRRRRRrrrrr

·
Techmeister
1,733 Posts
I left the horn stock, but I improved brakes and ground this year. I have farkle lighting in mind too, but I want the bike to gain miles until I am actually ready to mess with it again.

·
Upside Down
1,466 Posts
Thanks very much and since my rat terrier approved it, I had to go with the GA this time. She will ride in a safety cell rat pen behind me :)
Mine did too his name is Connor but had slightly more important things on his mind ( FOOD ) before going off on work experience with my mate lol :)

PHML3991.jpeg
IMG_0559.jpeg

Reactions: Direwlf

·
Upside Down
1,466 Posts
Wow, Girls bike ? that is an insult to anyone that owns these fine K1600`s not to mention the girls that do own them, most of the lady riders I know can keep up to and in a lot of cases ride better than the blokes. o_O:unsure:

Reactions: Lou Sid

·
Registered
746 Posts
Wow, Girls bike ? that is an insult to anyone that owns these fine K1600`s not to mention the girls that do own them, most of the lady riders I know can keep up to and in a lot of cases ride better than the blokes. o_O:unsure:
It's all friendly kidding. But the reality is that the GA tops out at a much lower speed than the GTL, and reaches instability much sooner too. Many riders don't test the upper limits of these bikes, so in most cases, it doesn't matter.

The GA is a beautiful bike. I saw one on the showroom floor a few weeks back, and I can see why it sells on looks alone. It's all about what you want the K16 experience to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My perfect bike would be a Black GTL, 2018 or newer, Black engine like the GA, with the forged wheels, and a tall smoked windshield. I would buy that today !!!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I left the horn stock, but I improved brakes and ground this year. I have farkle lighting in mind too, but I want the bike to gain miles until I am actually ready to mess with it again.
Awesome! I am trying to find a good way to mount my radar detector. I just like knowing where they are and I buzz sometimes 5 or 10 over. I was thinking of doing a stealth set up in the front somewhere, then having a blinking LED holed into a conspicuous spot to where it would be easily seen from the seat. I will do that next year probably.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
View attachment 146598 View attachment 146599
[/QUOTE]
The best thing I have ever bought in my life was my dog, followed by the BMW :) They are so **** fun and are totally loyal. And to you cat lovers, same goes. I am not so much a cat person due to allergies, but I like them and am good to all animals. Nice looking dog!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I knew they were kidding, but a little story. I know some women who can ride like pros. Impeccable balance and pound for pound strong. I grew up on dirt bikes and when I went to street bikes I took a couple riding courses. The first course over a few days was just an intro course basically. On the first course this lady could do nothing but fall all day long. I felt bad for her, but she got up each and every time and would not quit. Others were saying are you coming back tomorrow or hanging it up. She goes when I come back tomorrow I will not let myself down. Well she came back and I never seen such a change. She was riding like she had ridden her whole life. Hair pin slow turns, staying in the cones, excellent balance, emergency maneuvers and emergency braking were perfect. It was almost like it was a set up and we were on candid camera. I go how did you get so good when u just went home and came back in the morning, everyone was amazed. She goes, "there were a couple of guys laughing at me when I fell," then it was game on! Then she said when women get mad they can also get determined. Actually one of the two guys laughing on her dumped his bike and the other dropped out. He couldn't navigate the course lol She got her endorsement and did the advanced riding class with me. It was taught by a motorcycle cop. In fact the same guy that taught the first class as well. He had an inspirational talk to the other riders that were having riding issues about her success.

·
Upside Down
1,466 Posts
It's all friendly kidding. But the reality is that the GA tops out at a much lower speed than the GTL, and reaches instability much sooner too. Many riders don't test the upper limits of these bikes, so in most cases, it doesn't matter.

The GA is a beautiful bike. I saw one on the showroom floor a few weeks back, and I can see why it sells on looks alone. It's all about what you want the K16 experience to be.
I know it is all about stirring and I am not innocent when it comes to that lol.

·
Upside Down
1,466 Posts
Just noticed the photo with him watching the oven. They know lol
Just don't say Chicken nuggets in front of him. When they are in the oven he sits there for the 20 mins while warming the nuggets up for him and won't budge an inch.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just don't say Chicken nuggets in front of him he sits there for the 20 mins warming the nuggets up for him and won't budge an inch.
Thats awesome. My dog I swear is like babysitting a 3 year old every day. Smart and knows so many words it's scary lol. This is her when we went though the drive through for a hamburger
F1EF1E2D-2137-4A60-8BB6-3EE910FBF0B6.jpeg

·
Upside Down
1,466 Posts
Thats awesome. My dog I swear is like babysitting a 3 year old every day. Smart and knows so many words it's scary lol. This is her when we went though the drive through for a hamburger View attachment 146608
They are so smart and in a lot of cases better than some humans. I would imagine your baby is spoiled as much as mine is .

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
They are so smart and in a lot of cases better than some humans. I would imagine your baby is spoiled as much as mine is .
I agree 100 percent and yes she is spoiled. She doesn't get yelled at ever. Just talks when she's naughty lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't say enough about my GA I just picked up today. I had a 2020 RT1250 I traded for it, and before that a K1600 GTL. The GA is my type of bike. Driving it home today in near 25 MPH wind gusts was not a big thing. It handled fine. Test driving it a couple days ago, it didn't pull to the the left or right and tracked true. I also like the big lights on the back end. Funny thing is, near 2 years ago, I compared it to the GTL and went with the GTL. Thinking it was a better fit. Oh well! :) View attachment 146567
I have the 2020 k1600b limited edition and love it. Best bike I have ever owned out of 15. So comfortable. Hope you enjoy for years to come. Love the color.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts