BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put on a set of 3/4" lowering links (purchased on eBay) and have NOT shortened my side stand. I even have a foot enlarger on it, which makes it marginally longer...

In most cases, there is sufficient lean angle to be stable on the side stand. If not, setting the pre-load to 2-Up with Luggage helps a lot (it also makes getting the bike onto the center stand much easier). Worst case scenario, I find somewhere else to park...

·
Premium Member
8,349 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
11,951m
I have a 1/2" lowering kit on my GTL and there were several times, when parking the bike, that the pavement sloped the wrong way and my bike sat too upright. To over come it I would put the suspension in Sport and 2 up to get it to lean to my liking. This summer I cut a 3/4" section out of the side stand and welded it back together. It now leans to my satisfaction.

Reactions: RayG

·
Registered
182 Posts
I haver the 3/4" lowering links. I'm planning on having my kickstand shortened this winter. As Arizona Jim eluded to sometimes it's difficult to impossible to park safely. Not a big job by any means. I do the same with the suspension and I highly recommend having the stand shortened. With the use of lowering links raising on the center stand can be extremely challenging, I have not been able to put it on it's enter stand yet....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts