BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[sold] Luggage grid, top case support (used)

No longer available. A lucky person has claimed the luggage rack and covered the cost of shipping.

Price reduction / garage cleaning

If there is someone interested in this, you cover the cost for shipping ... it's yours!

Otherwise it is going to be recycled.

... Here's the original posting ...

A used Luggage Grid that holds and supports the top case.

It has slight wear marks on it where the top case tightens and secures itself to the grid. The wear marks do not impact the tightness fit of the top case. I replaced this one since it didn't have the BMW badge on it. I was a moron and found out later I could have just bought the BMW badge without buying the entire luggage grid. :serious:

BMW part number: 46548544375

From what I can tell, this will fit GT / GTL BMWs with:
- GLACIER-SILVER METALLIC CODE: WN99
- MINERAL-WHITE METALLIC CODE: WND1
- BLACK-STORM METALLIC CODE: WND2
* It may fit others too.

I paid $250 for a new replacement with the BMW badge on it.

You cover the cost of shipping, and it's yours!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Looks like this is the piece that would be needed if someone that has a GA and wants to experiment to see if it can be adapted to fit the H bracket/frame that holds the GA topcase. This is the piece that holds the quick release/removeable OEM topcases for the GT/GTL.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like this is the piece that would be needed if someone that has a GA and wants to experiment to see if it can be adapted to fit the H bracket/frame that holds the GA topcase. This is the piece that holds the quick release/removeable OEM topcases for the GT/GTL.
Thanks for the better description.

Hadn't thought of the idea of someone with a GA and experimenting & adapting it to work with the GA top case.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Not so much using your piece to adapt to the GA topcase but more specifically to add a OEM GT/GTL topcase to the B. There are a couple of threads about adding a topcase to a B - This piece would be needed to use the OEM topcase for the GT/GTL to the B. The tricky part is figuring out how to attach it to the bike. Either an aftermarket company would make a frame or possibly using the existing H frame/bracket from the GA (which may not even be available as a part from BMW yet).

I will see if I can find the thread. Here is the link. Go to about post #9 or so.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not so much using your piece to adapt to the GA topcase but more specifically to add a OEM GT/GTL topcase to the B. There are a couple of threads about adding a topcase to a B - This piece would be needed to use the OEM topcase for the GT/GTL to the B. The tricky part is figuring out how to attach it to the bike. Either an aftermarket company would make a frame or possibly using the existing H frame/bracket from the GA (which may not even be available as a part from BMW yet).

I will see if I can find the thread.
Oh, ok. I see. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts