BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding street bikes since early 80's. Yamaha's and Honda's. went to HD in 2003 with a Deuce, then 2006 Ultra Classic. Traded that in early this summer for 2012 K1600 GTL. At first thought I made a mistake. Now I'm glad I did. Been reading a lot on here the last couple of months.

Almost went down the HD rabbit hole of wanting every after market BS made. Realized don't need anything it's just great the way it is.

My only complaint is the floor boards. They were on it when I bought it. Thought I would like it due to the HD days. Tired of dragging them. Now looking to get OEM foot pegs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
welcome. Why did you think you had initially made a mistake?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i,m in same position, been riding triumph rocket111 and rocket 111 touring since 2005 and am picking up my 2013 k1600gtl this week , only concern is the number of riders who seem to drop them at standstill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome. Why did you think you had initially made a mistake?
I thought I made a mistake because I wasn't use to the the bike. Riding position (It's not a cruiser) and how the bike moves around more in high winds. My Ultra Classic held steady in high winds. Now I'm used to the riding position, much more sportier and riding in winds. So I'm glad I made the purchase and look forward to riding way more. The wife just likes to ride so she doesn't mind what type of bike.
Thanks for the welcome.

Dino

·
Registered
55 Posts
i,m in same position, been riding triumph rocket111 and rocket 111 touring since 2005 and am picking up my 2013 k1600gtl this week , only concern is the number of riders who seem to drop them at standstill
I have to admit that's the one thing about my new purchase (2012 K1600GT) that has me a little concerned: the previous owner dropped it twice at standstill. Ugh!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought I made a mistake because I wasn't use to the the bike. Riding position (It's not a cruiser) and how the bike moves around more in high winds. My Ultra Classic held steady in high winds. Now I'm used to the riding position, much more sportier and riding in winds. So I'm glad I made the purchase and look forward to riding way more. The wife just likes to ride so she doesn't mind what type of bike.
Thanks for the welcome.

Dino
Neat having wives that love to ride isn't it! That was 99% of the reason we went with a K bike after owning a GS for a time.
Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
What part of the front range? My wife's family lives in the Springs, and last summer we were there and rented a Gold Wing for a day. Heaps of fun riding that couch across the mountains!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What part of the front range? My wife's family lives in the Springs, and last summer we were there and rented a Gold Wing for a day. Heaps of fun riding that couch across the mountains!
North east Springs. Lots of good riding west of here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts