BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my BMW K1600 in at Max South Windsor, CT to perform the 18,000 mile checkup. I picked it up after service and I brought it home in my trailer. The next day I went for a ride to the Wallingford YMCA for a workout and when I got there, there was oil all over the right side of the engine and my boots. I called Kyle at Max and I explained the situation to him. He said he would get right on it and get back to me in 5 minutes. When he called he said there was a van coming to my location to pick up my bike and to drop off a loaner. When I finished my workout the van was there and I spoke to the driver who happened to be Max the owner of the store. He apologized profusely and promised that they would look at the issue, fix it and get my bike back to me as soon as possible. I got a call the next day a little after noon and the bike was all fixed and in the van to be delivered. GPS said they would be there around 2:30 in the afternoon and they arrived at 2:25. Again Max was doing the delivery and pickup. He again apologized for the problem and said it was an issue with the Rocker Cover gasket. He rode it extensively after the repair and said there were no leaks. He gave me a gift card due to the damage to my riding boots.

I was not happy that there was this issue but the way it was handled was absolutely the correct way to do it. I was impressed with the level of commitment by the owner and all of the employees. So what started out very negative turned out good. I will go back for maintenance in the future.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Excellent to read this experience. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great response by Max and kudos to you to share the story. Too many times we just hear the negative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Good approach to solving the problem, but had they done a necessary longer shakedown ride ride after the valve job they would have caught it and not you. Just sayin‘

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Good to hear. The Max BMW shops here in the Northeast have had many good reviews from their patrons. I'm sure there is a story out there that states otherwise but I have heard many many positive ones.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I am in the middle of three MAX stores and I've shopped all of them. I am on my third BMW bought from MAX. I've never had an issue which them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Max in NH performs all my service. To date I have not had any issues with Max.
The guys are great, they always manage to find a slot for me when I need it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Max BMW

Like JMac
I have all my service done in NH.
Great bunch of people there!!
Always find me a spot for service when I want it!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought my Grand America from Max. I'm about 2 hours away from their closest store and they were willing to drop the new bike off and take the trade. Seem like stand up guys.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Glad to hear they took care of their issue with minimal problems.
Max seems to be one of the best dealers in the nation, I almost bought a bike from them when I was looking. I think it sold before I was ready to pull the trigger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts