BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
He is an amazing rider.

I saw a clip of him a few years ago where he was almost off his bike and was able to get back on all while maintaining control.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
It's been an absolute pleasure to watch him race the last few years. Whats amazing is the fastest riders in the world have no idea how he does it. One race left this year.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
It's been an absolute pleasure to watch him race the last few years. Whats amazing is the fastest riders in the world have no idea how he does it. One race left this year.
No idea how he does it? Isn't it obvious? Super powers (and magic). DUH!

·
Registered
720 Posts
A genius rider for sure, but I can't say I warm to the guy - maybe it's that Spanish mafia in the background that we all saw emerge after the Rossi tow me round 'incident' a few years back at Motegi.

It's strange how he has become the only rider to find the sweet spot with that Honda. Lorenzo hates the thing & Crutchlow blows hot & cold, maybe guilty of over-riding. Still, some of the old guard need to retire & let the young guns have a crack at Marquez, on full works machinery.

We should get a flavour of 2020 at the post race test sessions at Valencia, weather permitting.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
In the last race in Malaysia he had an awful high-side crash in practice. He only made pole position 11 as a result of this crash, but went on to claim second place in the final race.

Seen him ride every year at COTA in Austin. He crashed out and did not finish this year, the only MotoGP race of the season where he did not finish first or second. It looks like the skill runs in the family as his brother, Alex, has won the MotoGP 2 championship this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts