BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
2022 MI/KM:
4000 Mi
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in a K16 meetup?

August Bank. holiday is the 29th but finding a place to stay might be hard work for those coming a distance.

Alternatively two weeks later in September once the kids are back at school should free up a lot of locations.

If interested state preferred dates and suggested location e.g Anglesea, Lakes, Broads, Cotswolds, North Devon, West Wales, Pennines, Scotland...

And if you know of accommodation throw that in.

Let's have a cut off of August 14 for replies. I think minimum of 5 Bikes appreciating that some will be 2 up.

Registered
Hi Tim,

I'm interested.

I agree, September is probably better. Are you thinking of a weekend? We (wife and I) could do 9th - 11th September. (As I'm retired I could also do week days) Location wise, I'm happy to travel almost anywhere as I live in the Midlands and any of the places you have listed are all agreeable. West Wales is nice, I believe there is a bike friendly hotel in Barmouth. I use Premier Inns a lot.

I'm pretty flexible with whatever.

Cheers

Steve.

Registered
Anyone interested in a K16 meetup?
Great idea! Please count me in for August Bank holiday weekend and September (except 9/9-18/9).

I'm relaxed re venues and number of days - as I'm based in Sutton Coldfield - but I do not like camping.

Premium Member
2022 MI/KM:
4000 Mi
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Folks, shall we lock in the weekend of Friday 2nd otherwise early October, sounds like somewhere North West would work? Please save the date. Any ideas for somewhere to go, then please chip in.

My initial thoughts are
1. Yorkshire Dales
2. Peak District
3. Snowdonia
4. Lake Windermere or thereabouts
5. Steve mentioned Barmouth, we could go there with a trip to Anglesey or something on Saturday.

Either way we need to lock in rooms quickly. I'm OK to stay in any hotel or a small pub come hotel if we're all together. On the saturday we should plan a route to another destination for a nice ride, food and photos.

Just want to confirm numbers so far
Tim + 1
Steve + 1
Marc + 1?
1st Exec + 1?

Maybe we will get a few more takers before the August 14th cut off.

Being a Southerner I'm more than happy to be guided by the Wisdom of others, either way Kelly and I are looking forward to it.

Cheers
Tim

Registered
Sorry, but I have a prior commitment on Saturday pm which will be difficult to move. Please continue and if you decide on Wales or Peak District, I may be able to join you for part of the route. Best regards. 馃憤

Registered
While I would love to join you all, September and early October are fully booked for me :(

Wherever & whenever you go, have fun (y)

Premium Member
2019 K1600 GT Sport
Struggling to fit this in guys. Might be able to join you for a ride out on one of the days though, depending where you end up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts