BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Bubonic
1,368 Posts
Im only 200 miles into my Road 6. No thoughts yet.

Reactions: joe schmoe

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
671 Posts
Hopefully, they are better than the 5's! Mine were toast at 5k and shoulda been replaced sooner! Got over 8k on RS IV's and found the handle much better than the Dunlop's!

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL
249 Posts
I have the 6's both front and back. 6000mi. on the front and 3000 on the back. So far the front wear appears to be very promising, only minor cupping and much more tread left. The 3000 on the rear appears normal but it's too early to tell. Like the 5's, the "holes" in the 6's provide aggressive bite at the expense of a little more tire noise than normal tread patterns. Liking them alot so far.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Went and scuffed the Road 6's in today. And gave them an initial test...They start out a little tipsy, as it appears they make the bike roll quickly into the turns, almost to fast! The quick roll dissipated as the tire got more miles on it. After 50 miles or so, I ran over to the Dragon to give them a real test.

I surprised 2 naked bikes that they were holding me up. They even told me once they got to Deal's Gap! 😂 I found the bike rolled into the curves very well, not unexpected reaction and even allowed me to pick my normal pace on the Dragon. I've only got 143 miles or so on them so far. The real question is how long will they last and how will the handling be once I have a few thousand miles on them.
Pre-Birthday Ride and Scrub in

Reactions: MotoToph
81 - 89 of 89 Posts