BMW K1600 Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
RL / Ken thanks.

Bought the tire running errands in the car so have not mounted it. I bought a rear non B spec PR3 the same way, trusting what was said. I don't think that it was intentional either time but don't plan on letting it happen again. It'd be different if you needed a tire on the road and had to take what you can get in a pinch.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Most dealers hold to the "It's round band black and holds air" philosophy. If you're more picky than that (and many of us are) then it's up to you to confirm things by reading the actual tire itself.

Since you haven't mounted it yet, I'm sure they'll refund you or swap it out for the correct tire.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
What's the difference between the 58W and 75W PR4 tires?
The number is the load rating and the letter is the speed rating:
58 = 520 pounds @ maximum pressure
75 = 937 pounds @ maximum pressure
W = speed rated @ 168 mph maximum

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Looks like I was a little too slow to ordering off of revzilla....they have the front tire in stock but not the rear.....at least revzilla has an email notification for when it gets back onto their shelves (or warehouse rather).

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Be careful to get the GT's. On Sat I had new tires put on at a dealer and the bill said front and back were GT but when I got home and looked only the back was a GT. I went back today and they put the proper tire on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That little tire price comparison I did shows the PR4 to be a good deal.

Whether mark-up to mark-down, or not, Revzilla had a good price on them.

Each spring it seems that there are shortages in the most popular tires. That's why I ordered the set of PR4s to have here waiting for the RS2s to wear out.
January was a good month for an extra set of the PR4's. I just put on my set yesterday, ordered in January.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts