BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Michelin Road 5 GT from the www.thevisorshop.com a shop in Ireland/UK Delivered to me in AZ was $330.00 ALL IN can't be beat here!

I've done business with them before, quick delivery and excellent customer service, as I had to send back a wrong size on a air boots.

Thought I'd pass it on.

Victor

·
Registered
698 Posts
wow, that's a great price Victor. The issue nowhere in Australia is getting anything into the country and it looks like the boarders will be closed for around 6 mths. at this time of the day but who really knows when things are changing by the min.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
@Gunnert LOL - sometimes second best is the first choice. :) Thats probably a good price for the michelins. In Canada the price for the dunlops at the various motorcycle shows has been around $340 CDN which works out to around $250.00 USD for the set. (tax in). I would like to try the michelins but not for $90.00 more.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
@Gunnert LOL - sometimes second best is the first choice. :) Thats probably a good price for the michelins. In Canada the price for the dunlops at the various motorcycle shows has been around $340 CDN which works out to around $250.00 USD for the set. (tax in). I would like to try the michelins but not for $90.00 more.
[/QUOTE]
Can you give us a little more info, like which dealer in Canada?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Knapps in Prescott Ontario advertises the cheapest prices in Canada. I bought a set of RS3s last fall and it was a smoking deal. I know he ships anywhere in Canada. Not sure if he is set up to ship into the USA. It would be worth the call.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Can you give us a little more info, like which dealer in Canada?
Pro6 Cycle in Etobicoke, Ontario, originally posted here.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Who has it turned into a Dunlop thread? Folks are suggesting places to get deals on tires. In the case of the dealer I suggested, the deals aren't brand dependant. The strategy of Knapp's..... That I suggested is to blow out tires to allow them to achieve certain $ thresholds with their distributors that give them much lower costs than most other dealers pay. That is their strategy and it works. Most dealers can't buy product for what they sell it for.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is a super price. I have mine in the garage from Cycle Gear and I am going to return them. They are 1/2 an hr drive from me. It will be 100.00 cheaper to get it from The Visor Shop shipped. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just ordered a set of Michelin Road 5 GT from the www.thevisorshop.com a shop in Ireland/UK Delivered to me in AZ was $330.00 ALL IN can't be beat here!

I've done business with them before, quick delivery and excellent customer service, as I had to send back a wrong size on a air boots.

Thought I'd pass it on.

Victor
I ordered a set yesterday. Customer Service is on the ball. Thanks again. On the same subject, do you prefer going to the dealer for mounting and balance or any others do the same good job? Cycle Gear is closed by now, I was wondering if they work on the K's wheels.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a set yesterday. Customer Service is on the ball. Thanks again. On the same subject, do you prefer going to the dealer for mounting and balance or any others do the same good job? Cycle Gear is closed by now, I was wondering if they work on the K's wheels.
Cycle Gear is VERY expensive when you bring your tires in. I'd call around to local shops who have experience in BMW tires. You're most welcome on the Tire tip.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cycle Gear is VERY expensive when you bring your tires in. I'd call around to local shops who have experience in BMW tires. You're most welcome on the Tire tip.
BMW dealer gave me a quote for 128.00 for two wheels out the door. Cycle Gear, 100 + Tax. Not too bad so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts