BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Awww...crap. Sorry the maiden voyage went down that way. More importantly, glad you came through it as well as you did.

·
Registered
932 Posts
O deer I hope you are ok, sorry for the pun, wow you must be so peed with having a beautiful bike like that and then so soon that the deer destroying it. You will be surprised by the repair cost even with the plastics the BMW prices are way up in the expensive price range, plus getting the parts. Like a lot have mentioned dont be surprised if they write it off, I hope you had it insured. Also let's hope the wrist repairs itself asap without any issues.

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
IF you get your bike back, you HAVE to do that, no kidding. A little Bambi with a circle and a line through it.
If they made one with a horse on it.. I would buy it for Russ.. @Vandaldog

Except.. he would have to put it on his helmet, not the bike😂😂

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If they made one with a horse on it.. I would buy it for Russ.. @Vandaldog

Except.. he would have to put it on his helmet, not the bike😂😂
Are you mocking me? I like you but, as I've told my local friends and my employees, don't screw with me. Yeah, the horse broke my jaw but I headbutted the SOB and he's now DEAD. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What they all said!
I ran over a kangaroo once, and an uncontrollable tank slapper started, it went on for a hundred yards, across a scary bridge and then down. It is just amazing what flashed through my mind during that hour-long few seconds....cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry man -- Glad your ok - I was heading home at night in a an area not typically known for deer crossing , I was doing 70 or so and this doe crossed over 3 lanes of eastbound Long Island expressway cleared the center divider and I didn't see her until she was in my lane - I nosedived the front end in a full emergency stop - All I remember was seeing the eyeballs - I cleared her tail by 3' and the car behind me in the right lane nailed her, I had to change my shorts , But it scared me good. I was very fortunate we didn't contact . Caught me completely by surprise -- Definitely changed my night riding habits. PS - you may be better off if they total the bike- I had my 08 totaled when it was a little over a year old - Progressive did the right thing by me. I ended up on a 10 with only 500.00 out of pocket .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad your ok. My wife and I had the same experience on our 2018 K1600B but I couldn't keep it up on two wheels. Deer was dead, bike was totaled and I shattered my wrist. Don't let it get you down. I got a 2019 out of it and we just got it past break-in!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad you are well. If totaled I hope you had gap insurance. Ttanic would be a good plate If/when you get her back.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I centerpunched her at 55 mph, and somehow managed to stay up. The dealer is picking the bike up today. I'm fine, just a sprained wrist.

Not a great start.
Lucky it’s a K1600 with that substantial front end to take the hit and momentum of 335kg all set low. Still fortunate you are all good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, well done! The only reason you’re ok, it’s because you stayed up! Than, good luck fixing the bike. Please, keep us up to date. Regards from Brazil.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I echo the sorrowful comments above. The insurance company should let you just ride another new one away from the dealership. With less than 30 miles...

41 - 60 of 71 Posts