BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a couple more items to the bike. I didn't want to continue to wear my Army Camelbak, but wanted to be able to drink on the move. It keeps me hydrated, and more importantly, awake. I found Motojug. For $75, you get a pouch that has 2 velcro straps on the bottom that loop around your passenger peg, 2 straps to secure it to the bike, and a 5' long drinking hose with valve and retention device. They make a version that straps to floorboards as well. You have to supply a 1 gallon jug. I haven't tested it out yet, but mounting it was a breeze.

My Isotta pannier racks arrived today. The instructions are definitely translated by someone who doesn't speak English as a first language, but it was pretty easy to figure out how to attach them from the photos. The main rack attaches with 3 replacement bolts on the bike side of the bag, and the support is wedged into the bolts on the rear hinge. The whole thing is supported off the bag by rubber bumpers.

I also ordered luggage for them. It attaches with velcro loops at the four slots along the outer rim of the rack and has the ability to be snugged down. There's no attachment point inboard, but you wouldn't be able to open the case if there was one. I can easily manipulate the mechanisms to open and remove the case.

Here's the bike with all my luggage attached.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is pretty cool. I had no idea there was a rack system for the bags. Interested in how the hydration system works out. Think your gonna make me spend some more cash??

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just ordered the same racks and bags. They look real nice, I already have the alum top box rack. your setup is exactly what I'm using for my Europe trips. they only thing I may add is a luggage rack for my trailer hitch. I need all the room for 3 months. I usually ship stuff home and buy as I go. Again, great setup. Was it hard to install the pannier racks?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at all. Need a T25 driver, T20 driver, and an 8mm wrench. Loosen the inboard rear hinge bolts and insert the support bracket. Remove the 3 inboard bolts at the top of the case, bolt the rack on with the supplied bolts. They have nylon washers to protect the case. The bracket is connected to the rack with some plastic fittings and a T20 screw. About a 20 minute job.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I've looked at those Isotta racks in the past and thought they might be a nice option when traveling two-up...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
@ArmyMutt OK...I hereby dedicate/blame my lastest purchase of Farkles to Matt!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You get a Helite vest?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
You get a Helite vest?
Syenny and I have had a long conversation on the vests and I think we will be getting some this year...hope to see some in person in the coming months. Were you wearing one when the drunk hit you?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can the side case racks be installed if you have armrests?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't see why not. They are on the side cases. Do the arm rests touch the tops of the cases? The rack is probably less than 3/4" above the case.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Syenny and I have had a long conversation on the vests and I think we will be getting some this year...hope to see some in person in the coming months. Were you wearing one when the drunk hit you?
Yes. Kept me from ending up with an imprint of his hood on my chest. I had a lot of pain, but no external bruising or or broken bones.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I've been looking and checking out these Isotta racks for my '18 GTL. Where did you order from? Estimated shipping time? Thanks!
I ordered mine from the European Toy Store. Shipping for the three racks and three bags ran me over $100, which surprised me. It was a pretty big box, but...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered them from European Toy Store along with the rear rack, hand guards, side stand enlarger, and shift extension. Shipping was $48 to NC. Everything that was in stock arrived within a week. The out of stock item took a week longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts