BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Some ruin it for all. That's a real bummer but here's some quotes from the article I find kind of interesting and some, humorous:

“It’s not so bad at the start of the season, when it’s just the guys on those big BMWs,” said MacAskill. “Their bikes are fairly quiet; they go through the Trail as fast as they can, then split off to Sydney. You see them there outside the Starbucks.

“But as soon as it warms up, the noise is terrible. You get these guys on big shiny bikes blatting their pipes the whole way, holding up the RVs trying to make it up the hills.”

"Some Nova Scotia motorcycle clubs have talked about “rolling protests,” riding motorcycles through the Trail at slow speed to show their unhappiness with the policy. However, those plans were abandoned when some members pointed out that wouldn’t be any different from their normal riding style."

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
KCMO Steve kinda beat me to the punch on this one. I must be a mixed up American because rarely do I find motorcyclists being at fault for holding up traffic, especially RV traffic. Canada must have some well tuned RV's that can carve corners faster than a motorcycle. For some reason I think this "holding up RV'ers" complaint was thrown into the mix as a way of piling on from the motorcycle haters. If you don't like motorcycles, that's fine, but motorcycles holding up RV traffic????? That's a real stretch in my world.

Rick H.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
motorcycles holding up RV traffic?
Think of the stereotypical HD rider, who's spent more money on chrome than horsepower and thus can barely pass wind...

Also, check the calendar date today. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts