BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Today I went over to Cycle Gear found a new Product that is very impressive.

In the racing world Motul stands high for lubricants and Brake fluids. But Polish never heard of that with there name. I had been seeing Motul Shine & Go and some other wash system but never tried it till today.

My K1600 was standing in the garage and this is a spray can.When applied it smells like Pledge but is perfectly clear. Instructions say leave it on 1 min then wipe off I used the included for free Motul Microfiber towel.

The shine is superior to me utilizing high end waxes on the K1600. I would even go as far as saying better then some Ceramics I have used in the past.

Disclosure nobody paid me to posts this I am just an everyday car and Bike guy.
Give it a try worth the $10.99 USD.

PS I have no idea why photo is sideways

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
@flyjets, I took your advise and ordered a couple of cans from Amazon. It does smell just like lemon Pledge. What a shine! Takes very little product to cover an area. And wiping off/buffing only takes a couple of swipes. Note that it's not a cleaner; surface needs to be clean before use or you're going to have shiny bugs... This is the best 'quick shine' product I've ever used.

Duane

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I picked up a can a couple of years ago but never used it because I had so many other partially full bottles of pretty good product from other companies. This spring I gave it a shot and did find it to work quite well when noting Duane's comment about it not being a cleaner.

There are many really good products out there. This is definitely towards the top of the list for me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Saw it at the dealer, never thought to get one. have been using HONDA or Yamaha wax and shine can for years now. Going to get one now. Thank you !

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Somebody at the BBQ last year gave me a can of this. Its a cleaner and polish. I must say it works very well. I spray it on the windshield/body work, let it set a few minutes and the bugs wipe right off. Works great on the helmet visor as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CRTQ5BY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P&psc=1
Good stuff. I bought a case (12 cans) of this a few years ago and am down to my last of can. I was wondering if the Motul was a similar product. @Gunnert says the Motul's not a cleaner and the Original Bike Spirits, most definitely, is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pledge

I and many friend have been using lemon pledge for years. The paint on my 03 HD looks brand new and have been using pledge on it since day one. It doesn’t last long but a can goes a long way and is cheap. I always get compliments on how shiny my bikes are.

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
@Biggrumpy, agree Pledge has been used by bikers, mainly for windscreens, for as many years as I can remember, e.g. +30... But Pledge is oily that smears and requires a bit of buffing to get a shine. Motul isn't oily and takes very little buffing to get desired results. IMHO, no comparison.

Duane

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
@Biggrumpy , agree Pledge has been used by bikers, mainly for windscreens, for as many years as I can remember, e.g. +30... But Pledge is oily that smears and requires a bit of buffing to get a shine. Motul isn't oily and takes very little buffing to get desired results. IMHO, no comparison.

Duane

This is exactly how I'd describe the difference between the Motul product and the other really good products like Honda Spray Polish (also known as "Original Bike Spirits", Pledge or other products which have been very good for many years. Those products are very effective at cleaning and putting on a nice shine without too much effort. Motul just brings that shine without that little oily residue (which is not terrible), and I like it even more on the matte surfaces.

It is not that the other very good products are difficult to use. The Motul just seems to be even easier.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Guys
Always looking for new product Thanks
I use Lucas Slick Mist on my Mustang and works great, it smells like black licorice.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I and many friend have been using lemon pledge for years. The paint on my 03 HD looks brand new and have been using pledge on it since day one. It doesn’t last long but a can goes a long way and is cheap. I always get compliments on how shiny my bikes are.

Decades ago I used to have my bikes painted and pin striped by Damon of Paint by Damon in So CA. He used to do Steve McQueen's bikes, great painter. Anyway he used to tell me "Lemon Pledge the Whole bike!" I did that for years until PLEXUS came along. I'll give the Motul Shine & Go a shot, Certainly cheaper than Plexus

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Good stuff. I bought a case (12 cans) of this a few years ago and am down to my last of can. I was wondering if the Motul was a similar product. @Gunnert says the Motul's not a cleaner and the Original Bike Spirits, most definitely, is.
Bought two cans of this shortly after reading. I've done two bikes with it now and I love it. Worked as advertised. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Always looking for the better mousetrap, I gave it a try. While it does leave a shine, Gunnert's advice is correct. It is not a cleaner.
We are on well water at the house, and my nemesis is water spots. The Motul product has no effect on them. I did a side-by-side comparison on painted surfaces and glass with Motul, Honda Pro Cleaner, and Lemon Pledge.
Only the Motul spray would not remove the water spots.
It's fine if you start with a clean surface. Very little effort required for a shine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts