BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for a pair of 'good' used/pre owned Remus mufflers and having no luck I came across a company in the UK, Max Torque Cans, https//www.maxtorquecans.com which has almost a virtual build you own mufflers for the GTL or GT. I decided to hang the round GP Road Legal mufflers which are polished Stainless Steel on my 2012 GTL.
Pretty straight forward install. All the link piping and the actual mufflers themselves lined up easy. The head pipe/header to link pipe clamp had to be used from the OEM mufflers.
There is a subtle "growl" at a low rev and without the decibel killers installed there is not really a obnoxious exhaust note. Additionally the weight loss by installation of these mufflers are felt and taking the bike into curves now it acts much lighter and reacts quicker.
I have really good comments related to communication with Martin at Max Torque Cans regarding the order. Shipping was rather fast considering starting from England and arriving in WA state less than ten days later (give or take).
I have attached a few pictures here right after the install. Although the last two pictures look sideways or upside down the pictures show up correctly.
No popping or strange noises on deceleration like some folks have attested to here with other mufflers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I am going to see Martin on Saturday as he is using my B for prototyping a bolt on (rather than using a strap) slash cut exhaust for the B. I was there last weekend for some final work and will be picking up the finished set this weekend. I have to say Martin and the guys there are a pleasure to watch at work, real craftsmen. This video was taken at the first fitting, I'll post more this weekend >:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bolt on instead of the straps for the 'B' sounds like a great thing!
As I said in the initial post I have had no popping what so ever, nothing. Although this is a free flow, flow through exhaust system.
Cost was $419.00 shipped to WA state. Colors, type of muffler shape, and the actual exit style all make the cost difference. Best thing to do is go to the website select the K1600 and 'build' your own muffler based upon the selections they have. At the bottom once all of your selections have been made it will give you a price. Then when you call or email Martin ask about the shipping costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts