BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting my ST1300 out of storage to ride while the K1600GTL is in for the transmission recall, I've decided that I still really like the ST and will keep it. My question is about pairing 2 different SM-10's to my Cardo Packtalk Bold headset. Will pairing a second SM-10 to the same channel of the headset wipe out the previous SM-10 that was paired to the headset? I'm not sure if the headset can save multiple items and connect to whichever one is available. I realize the easiest route would be to just switch the SM-10 between the bikes. I am just curious has to whether I'll have to do this or not. I already have the second SM-10 so that is a non-issue.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Awww...when I read the thread, I thought someone was going to mount two SM-10s on one K1600 and have one broadcasting to the passenger and the other to the driver...that had spun up the thoughts on how that might work...

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually that is why I have a extra SM-10. I have a Amplirider installed and can pull a second audio signal from there. Kind of trying to go two directions at once right now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think that you can set up pairing to many devices (9?), and the headset will pair to whichever is available. Where both are available, it will pair to the one it paired to last.

Joe

·
Registered
326 Posts
Awww...when I read the thread, I thought someone was going to mount two SM-10s on one K1600 and have one broadcasting to the passenger and the other to the driver...that had spun up the thoughts on how that might work...
I'm about to do exactly that. I don’t anticipate any issues.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about to do exactly that. I don’t anticipate any issues.
That part I had no concerns about either. My concern right now is if I can just go from one bike and SM-10, to the other bike with different SM-10 and be connected automatically no matter which bike I'm ridding that day.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that you can set up pairing to many devices (9?), and the headset will pair to whichever is available. Where both are available, it will pair to the one it paired to last.

Joe
This is what I was hoping for. Can't really try it right now though as the first SM-10 is on the bike that is at the dealer for the recall.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I decided to pose this question to Cardo. Sadly the answer was not what I was hoping. The PackTalk will only remember one connection on each channel. If you switch devices you will have to pair the new device, thus effectively erasing the previuos device.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts