BMW K1600 Forum banner

My beautiful BMW K1600 GTL (Samantha) 2100 miles 4 days, 3 countries and back again

906 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  83048 
#1 ·
went from Ingolstadt to Hoek Van Holland (490 miles) caught the ferry to England (over night ferry) then road to Falmouth Cornwall (366 miles). Falmouth to Brighton (274 miles). Brighton to Liverpool (275 miles) then headed back to Harwich for the ferry (270 miles) and then over night ferry to Hoek Van Holland and then rode home again (490 miles).

Average 50.1 mpg and my darling Samantha didnt miss a beat or cause any issues in all weathers!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Great ride!

I would love to take KBiK back to the UK and ride through so many of my memories!

...and then ride up to NordKapp!

#4 ·
Nice🤗. I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but could you please tell me about your windscreen? My daughter said that she had forward wind pressure at all the settings with my stock GTL one. She complained that it was hard to keep her head from coming forward and it was a short ride. I need to make a change and I have seen many posts, but I still don’t have a definitive answer.

#6 ·
Hey Lou,
Its a CEE Bailey's Aircraft Plastics extended screen... cuts the whole wind buffeting issue for me. But unfortunately for us they have stopped making motorcycle screen now... not enough market for them! The stock screen is just that little short.. but this one is just awesome...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.