BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Scammer Hammer
4,391 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet you think this is going to be a rant.

It is not.

I am so impressed with Klim's warranty of my Hardanger bad zipper.

I bought my Hardanger 3 1/2 years ago and have put about 75,000 km's on it in all kinds of weather and riding. It has been to most parts of the continental US and Canada.

Textile Sleeve Grey Bag Wood

I just got this email from them:

Rectangle Font Circle Number Magenta

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,649 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
I have an original Klim Hardanger and some of their gore-tex gloves. When it rains like h3ll, I stay dry.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10,000 mi
As for everything else, it comes down to how the jacket/pants fit your specific body. When I was in the market for a new riding suit a few years ago, I tried a few Klim jackets on and they just didn't feel absolutely right. I could have lived with them, but I didn't want to compromise. I ended up with a BMW Rally Suit because it just felt better. It doesn't mean that the BMW stuff is better than Klim. It just means that it fit better on me. You might be different.

Try stuff on and assume nothing. That's the best approach for any clothing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
+1 I've repaired the zippers on my Badlands Pants. And I just sent my old Latitude Jacket for a new front zipper and some velcro. All under warrantee. I go out of my way to buy Klim products.

Believe it or not over the years I have had a similar experience with Michelin. They have also consistently stood up for their products and gone out of there way to make me happy including the recent PR5GT rear tire thing. When the PR4GT replacement wore out I bought the PR6GT.

·
Super Moderator
K1600GA
3,611 Posts
+1 on Klim.
They replaced my Hardangers twice now, though the second time they replaced one with a new Zodiac. If they made a track suit I would have bought that too.

Reactions: josephdfrick

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I have started a collection of Klim gear since realizing how good their stuff is
+1 on that. I have three Klims. Vivian has one too. Great gear. We definitely saw more Klim gear in Europe this Sept. than on any previous tour. However, FYI, while Klim is headquartered in Rigby, ID, Viv's Altitude jacket was made in China and my Apex Air was made in Bangladesh, so there's that. Seems you can't have everything...

Plant Sky Cloud Helmet Tree
Shoulder Luggage and bags Bag Waist Backpack

Reactions: josephdfrick

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have started a collection of Klim gear since realizing how good their stuff is
Well now...I guess I should look at KLIM gear someday...only stuff I have is my Alpinestars Gore-Tex suit with removable liners for cold. Circa 2002, when I was still working with Motorcyclist. No doubt expensive, but worth it from the sound of things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the same gloves. It’s a start.
I bought Badlands Pro pants for a 5K km ride and half way through I was so impressed I bought the jacket and shipped my leather jacket home. Then I saw the Badlands Pro gauntlet gloves and bought them. All the gear is medium size. The problem is that the gloves do not fit the jacket. They won't go under because I can't zip the sleeve up over them and they are too narrow in the gauntlet to go over the sleeves. The dealer's response was that even though I hadn't warn them I couldn't exchange them without the packaging/tags. I don't have huge forearms - you'd think Klim would have tested the Badlands Pro jacket with the matching gloves.

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,649 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
My repaired Hardanger arrive an hour ago.

They replaced the broken zipper in the right leg with a new and much stronger zipper.

I am happy.
I just want to thank you for showing me how to put mine on down at the Dragon!! I did not use the single full length zipper properly. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Prince and Gunnert
1 - 20 of 22 Posts