BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Two months back I bought a refurbished/used nav six from Amazon. It worked fine for the first two months, now it has started turning Pages by itself, zooming in and out and basically being useless. It does not respond to touch command when it is in this flickering mode. Any thoughts or suggestions? I guess it is time for the good old number six spacer board to come back on.

·
Registered
534 Posts
They don't want any of the accessories either. If it's like the Zumo 595 I bought and had to exchange, they'll send the complete package with the new GPS.

·
Preema
1,522 Posts
And if you’re lucky it’s the brand new model. Still technically the NAV VI but with a new interface and (so far) much more reliable

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I just had mine replaced last week. Still the original model.
All they sent was just the GPS unit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When someone references the "NEW" model that is a little faster, and less problematic with screen ghosting, it looks like this on the Main Menu screen...not the color icons for this screen.
I wonder why they don't just push out an update to update all the Nav VI units to the new software?

·
Registered
2012 GTL
122 Posts
I just received my 2nd replacement nav 6 and this one is also the older 5.8 software version, with 2017 maps.

Like the OP, I just want this to work and be reliable. Confidence level is not high.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have 2 of the "NEW" version Nav6. They may as well be called Nav7 because of the improvements!
The original Nav6 had a Hardware Version of something before V8 if I recall.
The first iteration of "Refurbished" units that were supposed to be a solution were distinguishable by getting a V8, now it's still a V8, but the software version is not a sequential change, just a huge leap to 10.00

1 - 20 of 58 Posts