BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I use google maps, find what I want a share it with Smartphone Link. I neither like the smartphone search which is HERE or the screen input for the reasons you say. However the PoI is quite good once you're close

Search on Google Maps
View attachment 160951
Press Share
View attachment 160950

You can actually press SEND multiple times and all the locations are sent to Nav VI when it next connects
Yup, I can come up with a lot of ways to get that info, but the Garmin XT is a motorcycle GPS, not a desktop in some library. Ok, I can pull over in a parking lot, pull my dumbphone, open apps, click this and that, text it to myself so it comes up on the Garmin XT, get busy.....trying this and that, but that is not a work process suitable for a motorcycle GPS.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I only really find POIs on the main screen, I agree the whole search for street is very frustrating, but then that alpha keyboard isn't easy

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
It won't matter. It'll still go dead in a few days.
Mine will keep a charge while on the bike for at least a week, if the bike is not ridden. If the bike is not being ridden at least weekly I remove the nav 6 and take it in the house and charge it on phone charger once a week.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts