BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Navigator iv on the bike and looking to get a navigator 6. I know the Navigator V fits the installed cradle but does the 6 or does it need a new mount ( I know I will need the new shroud as it has a larger screen)?

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
22 Posts
Hi, I have a Navigator iv on the bike and looking to get a navigator 6. I know the Navigator V fits the installed cradle but does the 6 or does it need a new mount ( I know I will need the new shroud as it has a larger screen)?
It will fit no problem

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
22 Posts
FYI not knowing your bike, my 6 fits in my 2018 GTL without any changes. The screen is absolutely fine for display purposes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI not knowing your bike, my 6 fits in my 2018 GTL without any changes. The screen is absolutely fine for display purposes.
Hi, mine is a 2012 GT. Has the ‘factory fitted’ mount etc and came with a Navigator IV but just want to update this with a 6. I can get the shroud easily enough but just didn’t want to change the bike mount if I had to. Seems like the mounts are all the same then!

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
22 Posts
I've had 4, 5, and 6 without ever changing mounts on my k1300. It's the removable one with buttons on the side, but the back fitting on the navs appears to be standard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had 4, 5, and 6 without ever changing mounts on my k1300. It's the removable one with buttons on the side, but the back fitting on the navs appears to be standard
Hi, sounds like the same mount as mine so all should be good. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, sounds like the same mount as mine so all should be good. Thanks
Hi, just bought the navigator 6 (for a good price really at £425 from Cotsworld Motorrad). Anyway, they could not specify whether I needed a new shroud etc but gave me a part number that they have on the system for a Navigator 6 - part number. 46638382723 which is a different part number to the one for the navigator 5. I thought they used the same one as the screen sizes are the same on the 5 and 6. Is it because the 6 has a flat screen? Don’t want to order the wrong part so if anyone has had the experience and can advise then they would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For clarity sake, my bike is a 2011 k1600 so the shroud / surround was made to take the early navigators when the screen was smaller. As the newer 5 and 6 have a larger screen then it can’t all be seen. It fits into the same factory fitted mount etc but the square aperture on the surround is simply not big enough to show the whole screen. What complicates it all is that there is a new surround made for the navigator 5 and now there seems to be a newer one for the 6. I guess I will just ha e to spend the £70 to get the one for the 6 and hope it is ok. It does for all the K1600 years so fitting to the bike is not the issue, just whether it is right for the 6 screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to BMW, it seems that there was a new instrument cover made for the navigator 5 but there seemed to be an issue of the screen being slightly off centre. So, when they brought out the navigator 6 thry brought out another instrument cover to respond to the issue with the 5 being off centre. The actual Nav holder is the same, just need to change the instrument cover so that the screen a-pears to sit centrally. Just purchased one for £55 from Chester Motorrad. Will see when it arrives. Part number is 46638382723. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
The cradle mount is the same for Nav IV, V, and VI. Also Garmin 660 and 665, but those don't talk to the bike (No Scroll Wheel input, no bike data displayed).

There are specific dash shrouds for Nav IV, V, and VI with different sized screen openings. Any one will work with any GPS, but some of the GPS screen may be blocked if you use an older dash shroud. All of these will fit on any K16 model, but there may have been some color changes on the newest bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The cradle mount is the same for Nav IV, V, and VI. Also Garmin 660 and 665, but those don't talk to the bike (No Scroll Wheel input, no bike data displayed).

There are specific dash shrouds for Nav IV, V, and VI with different sized screen openings. Any one will work with any GPS, but some of the GPS screen may be blocked if you use an older dash shroud. All of these will fit on any K16 model, but there may have been some color changes on the newest bikes.
Managed to get a surround for a Nav 6 - cost £65 inc P&P. Only took 10 mins to remove the old one and fit the new one. Much better. Can see all the screen etc so we’ll worth the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts