BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Need 3 posts in this section before it opens up. Had a rash of spammers and this was implemented to help stop or reduce it.

·
Texas Thorn
2,534 Posts
Yep, 2 more and your good. Welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
712 Posts
Hey there

Welcome to the community :)

You'll want to check this thread for some more information on the 3 post rule: http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/new...-first-your-first-3-posts-will-moderated.html

It's a bit of an inconvenience, but very minor when you consider you will then be able to enjoy a spam free community. Get an introduction up and welcome another new member, or thank those that welcomed you. 3 posts go by very quickly!

Dayle

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'm confused when I see these threads. He needs to post three times before he can post? What am I missing here? How did he start a new thread?

BTW, I did read the link above and do understand it now. But the posts still look odd. Especially because when I look at the forum I only look at "new posts". I don't even know what forum I'm in usually.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
He can only post in the "New Member" section, and apparently, in the "Help" forum... until 3 posts.

EDIT: Oops; nevermind I see you got it.

·
Administrator
712 Posts
@billerbeck - just a couple more posts within the intro section and/or in help. As mentioned, the first 3 posts are moderated but as Dayle mentioned, they go by quickly then you'll be able to post freely! Let us know if you need further assistance or clarification. Thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Glad this thread is here. I read the welcome and understand about the 3 post rule. What was not clear was that until I have 3 posts in this section, I can't post any place else.

May be clear to current members as written, but not clear to this newbie. Might consider an edit.

·
Administrator
712 Posts
Glad this thread is here. I read the welcome and understand about the 3 post rule. What was not clear was that until I have 3 posts in this section, I can't post any place else.

May be clear to current members as written, but not clear to this newbie. Might consider an edit.
I will bring this up to the mods if they agree with editing the http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/new...-first-your-first-3-posts-will-moderated.html to highlight what sections specifically they're able to post in to get to the magic #3 before having free range in other sections.

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

I'm having the same problem. Thank goodness for the help section !!!
Glad everything worked out for you! :)

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need 3 posts in this section before it opens up. Had a rash of spammers and this was implemented to help stop or reduce it.
Hi I’m not new but not been active for a while. I’m assuming I need to do the three posts before I can post a request to get my username changed as it has been previously data breached ( not by you guys)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Send a message to Administrator. He should be able to help out.

·
Administrator
712 Posts
Hi I’m not new but not been active for a while. I’m assuming I need to do the three posts before I can post a request to get my username changed as it has been previously data breached ( not by you guys)
So you'd just like a user name update? What do you want it changed to?

-Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts