BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Neutrino Element integrated power distribution and control system this weekend on my 2013 K16GT. I was prepared to purchase a PDM-60, but another forum member convinced me to purchase the Neutrino. My initial impression is it is a phenomenal piece of gear. Its functionality, Bluetooth capability, and app information is impressive. Additionally, I emailed customer support on a Saturday evening and had an answer to my question within minutes from the Neutrino inventor.

It was a fairly easy installation especially with the RCU Designs K1600 Farkle Component Plate. The most time consuming part of the install was identifying a power trigger wire. Thankfully the forum member IRIDE4U posted the following information in a 2012 PDM-60 trigger wire thread:

"2012 K1600GTL (Tail Light Wiring Color Code)

To access the tail light assembly wiring harness remove the side case on the throttle side. Remove the small bike colored side panel. The wiring harness is held in a metal clip behind the side cover just below the passenger grab handle. The wires are contained in loose piece of rubber tubing. The tubing must be removed to access the wiring.

Light Wire Color Code:

Right Turn Signal Blue w/ Black Tracer; repeating White dots
Left Turn Signal Blue w/ Red Tracer; repeating White dots
Tail Light Gray w/ Black Tracer
Brake Light Gray w/ Black Tracer; repeating Yellow dots
License Plate Gray w/ Red Tracer; repeating Yellow dots
Ground Brown"

I used the tail light trigger wire (Gray w/ Black Tracer). A word of caution for folks using Clearwater or another manufacture auxiliary lights. Set the Neutrino circuit with the auxiliary lights to switched power.

Rob, 2013 K16GT
Navarre, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rob, just found your post for the Neutrino with Clearwater lights. Noticed the cautionary comment 'set the Neutrino circuit to switched power'. Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I stole trigger power from the hella power socket. Much easier to tap, and the Neutrino current draw is so infinitesimally small that the CANBUS doesn't register it.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob, just found your post for the Neutrino with Clearwater lights. Noticed the cautionary comment 'set the Neutrino circuit to switched power'. Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Thanks.
@tjablons. By “switched power” I mean 1) the Neutrino is connected to a wire that is energized when the ignition is turned on. For my Neutrino installation, I spliced into the tail light wire for switched power. 2) Configure the Neutrino circuit being used to power the auxiliary lights to the “switched” mode.

Attached is a screenshot of my Clearwater Neutrino circuit and Neutrino auxiliary lighting instructions from their website. If you have specific questions I recommend emailing or telephoning Neutrino. The owner, Dan, was quick to answer email questions or spend time on the telephone answering questions. Contact information can be found in the support section of the Neutrino website: Neutrino Power Distribution Module | Neutrino Black Box

Best,

Rob, 2013 K16GT
Navarre, FL
IBA# 606

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts