BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove ten hours total to purchase a Corbin seat that was listed on Facebook marketplace as a K1600 GT seat. The label on the back even says Corbin K1600gt-d-e

So I tried to triumphantly install this morning only to find out that it’s not even close
I called Corbin and the representative said that is for a B bike. It will never fit a GT

So I called the man back who sold it to me who was selling for his parents and he will take it back

So I told him I would try this forum first to see f there are any takers

His parents bought this seat and used twice. His mom did not like the back seat.
So frustrated as it is in perfect condition.

Asking $750

·
Registered
68 Posts
That’s a super deal. I bought a new one a few weeks ago and paid far more, but the comfort is worth it. The back rests alone are $298 a piece. My wife loves the seat as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Corbin’s are leather. They use vinyl on the sides panels to keep the shape on the sides.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I think what you have there is a seat for a GTL, which has a 1 piece seat. It will fit your GT if you buy the appropriate GTL seat latch parts.

GT-GTL Seat interchange

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got an Orange Corbin Smuggler seat with lock box that would match Your bike. Would you be interested?
I would be actually.
I just bought two back tests for the K1600 so I can ride a passenger without dumping them off the back and a rest for myself
But the seat never fails to bruise my tailbone. And I have an air hawk thing too

I was looking at those earlier. I know they are expensive. How much you need for it
Jeff
262 607 0807

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be actually.
I just bought two back tests for the K1600 so I can ride a passenger without dumping them off the back and a rest for myself
But the seat never fails to bruise my tailbone. And I have an air hawk thing too

I was looking at those earlier. I know they are expensive. How much you need for it
Jeff
262 607 0807
The previous owner paid $1800 for it, my buddy said I should ask $700. I have to box it up and get an estimate on shipping. I'll take a photo of it off the bike today and post it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The previous owner paid $1800 for it, my buddy said I should ask $700. I have to box it up and get an estimate on shipping. I'll take a photo of it off the bike today and post it.
Yeah.
I looked at the site
They are basically $1400 new
Don’t know if the color and lock and shipping adds on all that
They have to be keyed?
I was hoping it was a $500.
or does it come with a separate key?
can you let me know what shipping to Wisconsin is?
that way I don’t have to look for your post
This post will be deleted as it looks like a guy is buying that seat I returned for the B bike finally
So look how this sight helps everyone
Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
It locks with a key but can be securely shut and opened without a key. I've got two keys and the mounting plate too ofcourse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts