BMW K1600 Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just a word of advice to those riders that do the hands free thing. This would be a very bad idea going through the state of Illinois. The pot holes here are like a video game on steroids combined with everybody on their cell phones.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hi guys,

2018 GTL 24,000kms.

I fitted a new set of RS lll's about 6,000 miles ago. Great tyre. Noticeable left pull gone. Grip phenomenal wet and dry. At least 3,000 miles has been on high speed Autotbahns across Germany cruising, were able, at 100mph+. The rest has been on twisties where my confidence in the grip has resulted in a flat spot under the pegs :grin:

I'm still no where near the wear bars, however there is a slight ridge front and rear from all the highway miles. I'm going on a 10k ride to Norway in a 3 weeks, will have a new set put on for that trip.

Factory fits were Bridgestones, did not like them from the get go. Strong left pull. To be fair I was getting used to the bike during their tenure and by the time I was familiar they had long past their sell by date. However that said the RSlll's transformed the handling of the bike. Its now very easy to flick from side to side, holds a very steady line even when scrapping the pegs, brakes true and steady. A slight down side is the bike is a bit twitchy on the Freeway in a strong cross wind or in heavy truck traffic. Otherwise cruising at 100mph+ is rock steady.

Safe riding.

Regards,

Tony

101 - 102 of 102 Posts