BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi. Im new to the forum. Ive had a bunch of bikes over the years and just bought my first BMW GTL, a 2012 with 10K miles on it. Love it so far, still learning all the onboard computer stuff. Had an old 1997 RT years ago but the boxer just doesn't compare to this six cylinder beast! Took it out to the Texas hill country last weekend and rode with some friends on the three twisted sisters. This bike handled the hilly runs as good or better than my old Concours 1400 (which a deer decided to total early this year). I put about 20K miles on a bike per year and am looking forward to some long trips on this machine for sure. I live just North of Austin and would like to meet up with other GTL/GT owners in the area to ride with. Glad to be a part of the forum.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome. The more miles you put on this bike, the more you'll fall in love with it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. Take a look at this forum member map and you'll see plenty of Texans riding K1600s.

·
Upside Down
1,629 Posts
Welcome from Australia, enjoy this great forum and your new GTL

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, only 10k miles! You hafta get that one broken in🤣. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find some good riding buddies. I bet that you will. I’m in Ohio, if I get down your way I’ll look you up for a coffee and a scoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts