BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
2022 mi/km::
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for the add

Just got my first K1600 in the bagger version, 2020 that came with 997kms. I've fitted a quad lock and back rest so far.
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

I had a R1250RT and R1200RT before that and a couple FJRs..

Loving the ride height, smoothness and comfort of the K16, really impressive bike.

Only downfalls are being unable to fit my neotec in the pannier and no top box. Might have to go GA next time 馃槑
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
Welcome 2Dads , I just got back from a ride up to the Sunshine Coast on my B from Melbourne. Met up with a few K Members up there, went for a ride with them.
You can get aftermarket Top Box if you want, I fitted a SHAD 58 expandable on my bike.

If you use the Search button on here you can find all types of info in the Forum, plenty of knowledgeable riders on here, they are always willing to help. There鈥檚 plenty you can do to your B to set it up to your requirements.

I used the Forum to set my bike up, enjoy the journey

Upside Down
Welcome to the forum, nice to see another Australian added to this great form. May I say I have owned more RTs than I can remember also s K1600GTL and loved the lot at the moment I am reading an R1200RS although its a nice bike it is nowhere near being comfortable as the K or RT bikes. Enjoy the forum and don't be scared to join in with a conversation or add your contribution. The Australian section has a great bunch of members also. Mine you, we are more relaxed and tend to chat and stir each other but you will be welcomed all over this great forum. Lots of knowledge is to be gained and shared here also. Last of all love the White Bs they along with all the other bikes look fantastic and perform so well.

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome 2Dads , I just got back from a ride up to the Sunshine Coast on my B from Melbourne. Met up with a few K Members up there, went for a ride with them.
You can get aftermarket Top Box if you want, I fitted a SHAD 58 expandable on my bike.

If you use the Search button on here you can find all types of info in the Forum, plenty of knowledgeable riders on here, they are always willing to help. There鈥檚 plenty you can do to your B to set it up to your requirements.

I used the Forum to set my bike up, enjoy the journey
Hi mate

Sounds like a great ride 馃憤

I did one down to Canberra a couple months ago on the RT. I had an airflow seat cover on that and might get one for the B too.

Oh really? I didn't think you could fit a top box so I'll definitely be searching thru here.

Thanks mate
Nick
Welcome to the forum, nice to see another Australian added to this great form. May I say I have owned more RTs than I can remember also s K1600GTL and loved the lot at the moment I am reading an R1200RS although its a nice bike it is nowhere near being comfortable as the K or RT bikes. Enjoy the forum and don't be scared to join in with a conversation or add your contribution. The Australian section has a great bunch of members also. Mine you, we are more relaxed and tend to chat and stir each other but you will be welcomed all over this great forum. Lots of knowledge is to be gained and shared here also. Last of all love the White Bs they along with all the other bikes look fantastic and perform so well.
Thanks mate for the great welcome, look forward to some good info and good banter 馃槈

No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
There is a few guys on the Forum who make the Brackets simple to fit. I got mine from a German Guy I鈥檓 pretty sure. If you go to the Aussie section and scroll through to Building My Bike, I think the Shad fitting is in the thread.
I鈥檓 sure someone will give you a direction as well. I will hunt up who I got mine off and let you know

Registered
2018 K1600B, 2015 Triumph Trophy SE, 1995 Triumph Daytona Super 3 etc
Welcome aboard Nick,

Couldn't help but notice you have the same stickers on your B as I do & you've been to Canberra recently as have I on my B. I also think I recognise the Pitstop cafe carpark looking much nicer in the sun than when DamianM, and I and others (from the Forum) stopped in there when he was visiting from Mexico recently.
Did your B come from the Woodford area per chance??
Like DamianM I've a removable top box as well, but a Givi model rather than the Shad expandable of Damian's. I believe the rack for my top box is sold by a gentleman named Tanner in the US who can be found on this Forum.
There's lots you can do to set the bike up just the way you'd like as Damian and I have done for ours. A bit of my build is also to be found in the Aussie section 'New Kid in Town'. I've recently added Tech Spec tank grips/protector and a standard tinted screen with black screen mounting trims to go with the exhausts that have been ceramic coated black.(Yes it's a black B).
I got an airflow seat cover for it but didn't like the look. Took it off after one ride.
Straight up though I'd suggest Clear Armour (Paul at Geebung) on the panniers & other exposed bits before it gets scuffed/chipped (I didn't).

You'll love the B - IMHO it's great - might see you on the road
Happy motoring:)

Registered
Welcome Nick, two white K鈥檚 added to the forum members list in the same week, I love it.
As the other boys have mentioned this is a great place to expand your knowledge of the bike and have a bit of fun along the way.
I鈥檓 on the sunny coast so not far, maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.
Yes CR, I noticed the sun at the Pitstop cafe too, much different to a few weeks ago.

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Nick, two white K鈥檚 added to the forum members list in the same week, I love it.
As the other boys have mentioned this is a great place to expand your knowledge of the bike and have a bit of fun along the way.
I鈥檓 on the sunny coast so not far, maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.
Yes CR, I noticed the sun at the Pitstop cafe too, much different to a few weeks ago.
thanks mate, and will be good to catch up on a ride one day :)

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome aboard Nick,

Couldn't help but notice you have the same stickers on your B as I do & you've been to Canberra recently as have I on my B. I also think I recognise the Pitstop cafe carpark looking much nicer in the sun than when DamianM, and I and others (from the Forum) stopped in there when he was visiting from Mexico recently.
Did your B come from the Woodford area per chance??
Like DamianM I've a removable top box as well, but a Givi model rather than the Shad expandable of Damian's. I believe the rack for my top box is sold by a gentleman named Tanner in the US who can be found on this Forum.
There's lots you can do to set the bike up just the way you'd like as Damian and I have done for ours. A bit of my build is also to be found in the Aussie section 'New Kid in Town'. I've recently added Tech Spec tank grips/protector and a standard tinted screen with black screen mounting trims to go with the exhausts that have been ceramic coated black.(Yes it's a black B).
I got an airflow seat cover for it but didn't like the look. Took it off after one ride.
Straight up though I'd suggest Clear Armour (Paul at Geebung) on the panniers & other exposed bits before it gets scuffed/chipped (I didn't).

You'll love the B - IMHO it's great - might see you on the road
Happy motoring:)
Just a couple questions. Where did you get the black screen trims? I was thinking of getting mine wrapped.
Do you want to sell the airflow seat cover?

Registered
Just a couple questions. Where did you get the black screen trims? I was thinking of getting mine wrapped.
Do you want to sell the airflow seat cover?
Hi Nick
The black screen trims are from BMW dealer (I use coastline) and were the princely sum of $22 each (the chrome ones are about $120 each).
I could be easily persuaded to part with the airflow 馃挵
Below on tour to Tassie & black standard screen with black trims.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Wheel Hood

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Nick
The black screen trims are from BMW dealer (I use coastline) and were the princely sum of $22 each (the chrome ones are about $120 each).
I could be easily persuaded to part with the airflow 馃挵
Below on tour to Tassie & black standard screen with black trims.
View attachment 171980 View attachment 171981
Nice mate, the bike looks beautiful. I'll speak to team moto at Springwood when B's in for a service on Thursday about the black trims. If you're able to PM me, please do re the airflow and where you got the stubby antenna too :) I'll have to come for a ride to Redcliffe for a coffee, We used to live in apartments at Woody Point and still visit often.

Registered
2023 K1600B, 2020 Triumph Rocket 3R and 2008 HD Crossbones Springer.
2022 MI/KM:
2023 K1600B

Registered
2022 MI/KM:
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you find the position of the quadlock? I've ordered one in anticipation of my B arriving next month.
Mate there's a few different spots you can put the QL on. I've found that far left suits me te best. So easy to move around

Would you have the part number at all?
Sorry mate, I didn't get it but will get it to you when the parts arrive 馃憤
Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
How do you find the position of the quadlock? I've ordered one in anticipation of my B arriving next month.

Would you have the part number at all?
I鈥檓 away from home atm - returning at the end of the week- I can have a look for the paperwork then for you.

Re the QL I put mine on the right side so I can use the power outlet on the right front if need be & still have clear sight of the instruments.

Registered
Font Parallel Pattern Wood Hardwood
I鈥檓 away from home atm - returning at the end of the week- I can have a look for the paperwork then for you.

Re the QL I put mine on the right side so I can use the power outlet on the right front if need be & still have clear sight of the instruments.
Hi Thirsty
Please see the attached for the black screen trims part numbers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts