BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I come from Crete-Greece. My name is Antonis and my big hobbies are riding motorcycles and listening to music.
Regarding motorcycles, I am a very happy owner of a K 1600GT (2018) and some other BMW motorcycles (R100GS-PD, HP2 enduro, Rninet Urban G/S, R 1250R).
Although times are not good for touring, I will post here that everyone who comes in Crete for riding is welcome and I will be very happy, if I can help to anything that I can do. Just remember that summer is not very good for riding here in Crete (sunny and hot) and August is a month that I mostly riding in other coolest places.
Anyway, good and safe riding to everyone!

·
Administrator
17,075 Posts
A K1600 on Crete? Wow. I always thought of scooters being the right size. I would think that ferry service is far more frequent and better than it was in the 1970s, when I was last in Crete.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A K1600 on Crete? Wow. I always thought of scooters being the right size. I would think that ferry service is far more frequent and better than it was in the 1970s, when I was last in Crete.
Although scooters are the main percentage of two wheels, there are many big motorcycles on Crete. And yes, the ferry services are much more better, with new and large enough ferries. Roads also, although there are many possibilities for the better. Crete is very touristic, many big hotels, many roads, many possibilities for visitors...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I'm happy to be in this community!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome! IMO, your country is one of the most beautiful countries on earth.. and thank you for creating democracy a few years ago (500BC). Look forward to photos of your travels around Greece.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!

Reactions: Antonis1957

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yia sou Antoni! I toured your island some time ago and loved it! Rented a Honda 500 from a local rental shop there and rode from point to point, Kissamos to Vai, and a lot in-between. Very scenic, great food, great people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yia sou Antoni! I toured your island some time ago and loved it! Rented a Honda 500 from a local rental shop there and rode from point to point, Kissamos to Vai, and a lot in-between. Very scenic, great food, great people.
It is very good to have good memories from Crete! I think also it is a beautiful place...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts