BMW K1600 Forum banner

New member from Iowa

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  GT-Jim 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

New member here from Iowa and I just purchased my first BMW. Pulled the trigger on a 2013 K1600GLT here a few weeks ago and am looking forward to getting to ride it. Unfortunately now it is going to be a loooong winter! There is plenty of snow on the ground and it is very cold temperatures here lately. March/April can not come fast enough. Have several years of riding experience ranging from dirt bikes to sport bikes to cruisers. Just sold my ST1300 back in May that I had for 11 years and had lots of great trips and memories. Looking forward to looking over the forum and participating in discussions along with gathering great knowledge. Below is a picture of my bike.

Thanks,
Nathan

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello Everyone,

New member here from Iowa and I just purchased my first BMW. Pulled the trigger on a 2013 K1600GLT here a few weeks ago and am looking forward to getting to ride it. Unfortunately now it is going to be a loooong winter! There is plenty of snow on the ground and it is very cold temperatures here lately. March/April can not come fast enough. Have several years of riding experience ranging from dirt bikes to sport bikes to cruisers. Just sold my ST1300 back in May that I had for 11 years and had lots of great trips and memories. Looking forward to looking over the forum and participating in discussions along with gathering great knowledge. Below is a picture of my bike.

Thanks,
Nathan

View attachment 160915
Welcome! I have the exact same year and color too. This is my first K1600, coming off of a 2005 Goldwing. It is an awesome bike for sure. You will love the ride and the power they have.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Congrats and welcome from KCMO. Several IA riders or former IA residents on here. Many former ST riders who still attend STOC events on their K's here as well. Make yourself at home. Here's to an early Spring. 🍻

Reactions: Nathan82
#8 ·
Welcome to the forum Nate from your Uncle Jim. Yes folks Nate is married to one of my nieces and a great guy. I've been schooling him on the K1600 and helping guide him through some simple farkles and audio enhancements (I'm trying not to spend his money too fast). Enjoy the forum and all that it has to offer.

#12 ·
Hey I grew up in Cedar Falls. Lived on Primrose Dr. and graduated in 1968. I moved to Arizona in 1988. Brother Steve, forum member KCMO_Steve is from there too. Our folks still live in the same house and I get back there to see them a couple times a year. Anyway small world.

Reactions: Nathan82
#14 ·
Welcome to forum. I'm also pretty new to the beamer world but there's a wealth of knowledge here. Between Jim and the forum there will be nothing you don't know by the time winter ends. I used to travel and ended up in Des Moines frequently. I'm in VA now but from FL and it's still too cold for me here. Safe riding and hopefully spring will come early

#26 ·
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, Nathan82. Good looking GTL!

Just recently bought a '12 GT, and like yourself, looking out the window at 8 degree weather. Can't wait for spring. Years ago went for a trip up to Anamosa IA to see the motorcycle museum there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.