BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 K1600 GTL
16 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the cult...I mean clan. Great looking bike! Where abouts are you? I am in Cedar Park. I hope your new purchase is enjoyable as mine and leads to a bunch of fun exploration.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good morning and greetings from Amarillo! Great looking bike! Let us know where in the Great State you are located (you can put that in your profile), there are lots of Texans on the forum!

Reactions: Dmhans

·
KBiK
2,052 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you K1600GT. Welcome to the forum from another GT owner in west Houston, Texas.

·
Texas Thorn
2,534 Posts
Howdy, and welcome to the heard!

·
Registered
K1600 GT SE 2011
5 Posts
Pick mine up Saturday (2011 SE), exciting times. Welcome from another newbie (UK).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. If you happen to be in the Houston area and looking for folks to ride with...check out meetup.com and search for BMW Motorcycle Club of Houston, Houston Sport Touring Riders or West Powersports Enthusiasts - all three group plan organized rides. The Houston Sport Touring Riders is the most active group with about 3 rides a week depending on the weather....Thurs, Sat & Sun. We usually ride 100 - 150 miles, eat lunch at some local place and return. I normally organize the Thursday ride; we generally have a small group of 6 - 9 riders mostly on BMW's but all bikes are welcome.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Welcome, DM. I just picked up a 2016 about a month ago.

You paid less for yours than I did for mine, didn't you?

I know you did.

Nose Head Hand Arm Eye

I knew I was paying too much.

But the bike looked so good, and it had new tires, and it had just been serviced. And it looked so good.

Sigh.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
2020 K1600GT
129 Posts
Welcome to the “K” family from a fellow GT owner in Highland Village. The K is a great bike, and this forum is a great site. Tons of useful information with a large global group of enthusiasts eager to share knowledge and experiences.

David…

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm a few miles west of Sanger. We're probably riding the same roads. Watch for a black GT or a gold R1200RT. I also keep a trailer ready for emergency recovery. I've passed my number to a few other local riders, and fortunately have only been contacted once!
Over the years, I've accumulated many of the BMW-specific tools, and have a tire changer. Always pleased to help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, we've probably been passing each other on the same highways for years... I'm going to be using my "new" K1600 for a monthly commute to southern Utah beginning Jan 1st, so I've been busy getting it ready and time is running out. Thank you very much, I can use some help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts