BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
62 miles
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Congrats on the new purchase, you didn't say what part of the country. I'm in Windsor, Bahnstormer is my local dealer.

The BMW charger plugs into both sockets for trickle charging as do after market chargers.

If you're looking around for a new charger, I would love to find one that simultaneously charges the bike and has 2 USB ports for the helmets.

Let me know if you find anything.
Hi Tim, I am from West Yorkshire, just outside Wakefield. I have ordered a DIN CanBus connector for my Optimate that I used on my Pan, hopefully it works ok

· Registered
49 Posts
Besides using the socket on the right (offside) panel for charging, the most useful thing it’s good for is for running power into a tank bag.

I convert my tank bags myself to take power, generally as I prefer them to the other ‘powered’ tank bags on offer out there,

If anyone ever finds a use for the other power socket, buried away on the right (offside) side of the bike, down by the rear suspension unit, let me know, please. BMW are so embarrassed about it, they failed to even mention it in the UK owner’s handbook. I only discovered it by chance, when I dropped a glove and bent down to pick it up. They’d do better, moving the socket to the near side, putting it somewhere useful to run heated clothing.

· Registered
516 Posts
If anyone ever finds a use for the other power socket, buried away on the right (offside) side of the bike, down by the rear suspension unit, let me know, please.
Been using the DIN connector to charge my battery, first via the Optimate 4 and now with the BMW Automatic charger.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I have ordered a DIN CanBus connector for my Optimate that I used on my Pan, hopefully it works ok
If your Optimate is a Dual Program 4 (it will state that on its label if it is) then you'll be fine, but you may have to program it for CAN Bus use: the manual explains how.

Oh, and welcome from an ex-Pan owner from North Oxfordshire too :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts